Change the editor

Good-Admin

I know 4.0 is not even done yet, but I always look ahead. And by ahead, I mean not just tomorrow, but next year.

I like what Invision has done with IP.Board 4, but with respects your editor is your bottleneck when it comes to speed.
This from someone who use to be a hardcore CKeditor fan.

Although I do like a lot of many directions you seem to be taking the development, the site is a little sluggish in some aspects. I'm confident that you'll work that out in time.

Agreed. Not only in regards to speed, but also flexibility and ease of use. It's an incredibly tedious process to make a theme for CKEditor as it still uses image based icons.

​It doesn't help the CKE devs don't seem to understand the 'cascading' in CSS and just redefine *everything* per browser instead of using browser-specific stylesheets to *only* fix quirks. -.-

You don't end up just making 'a' CKE theme, you end up making at least 3 (webkit, gecko, IE) due to that, or you end up completely ripping apart the base CSS to bring cascading sanity into play. Either is as much work as the other.

Archived