Groups in IPS 4.0?

Ryan Thomas

Hey @Storyteller, thanks for the link and it looks quite impressive but I'm always nervous about relying on a mod for such a massive feature of my website that so many users will be dependent on.  I do not see anything mentioned by IP Staff or in the upcoming features list about this so this mod might be a good option after all.

Ryan, they have a demo version of that mod, I have it on my test forum and am REALLY impressed with it. I suggest testing it out on your test site.

​But what happens if the mod is not supported later on though?  Or if IP Board upgrades to a major version number and the developer decides to not upgrade it as well?  I am so tempted to check it out but worried about these questions because I do not want to end up relying so heavily on a mod that becomes unsupported later on...

​But what happens if the mod is not supported later on though?  Or if IP Board upgrades to a major version number and the developer decides to not upgrade it as well?  I am so tempted to check it out but worried about these questions because I do not want to end up relying so heavily on a mod that becomes unsupported later on...

​This has long been my fear with such a major social component too.

​This mod cost $75.00, he/she would be a fool to stop supporting it.

​This mod cost $75.00, he/she would be a fool to stop supporting it.

​The author of this app seems dedicated, answers questions, etc.  I don't doubt that.  Unforeseen circumstances can arise though.

I am going to purchase it myself, though this will be such a large part of the community, it does make me skiddish.

​The author of this app seems dedicated, answers questions, etc.  I don't doubt that.  Unforeseen circumstances can arise though.

I am going to purchase it myself, though this will be such a large part of the community, it does make me skiddish.

​I will be waiting until Oct and if IP Board doesn't have something, I will be forced to use this because my community will have to have group functionality (they're already demanding it lol)

@Charles @Matt do you guys have any plans for a Groups application? :) 

Archived