Copy live board

NilsFMH

Hi,

I have a live ip board 4.0 forum that I want to copy to a local host for testing. How do I do this?

I have followed this guide:

https://www.invisionpower.com/support/guides/_/maintenance-and-server-configurations/transferring-community-to-a-new-server-r20

Without success, I can reach the front but when trying to log in I am redirected to the live forum. I have changed the config file but I cannot get to ACP without ending up at the live site. Base URL has been changed.

Please help!

Regards,

Nils

Login straight to the ACP via /admin on the URL, do not try to login to the front end.

Once you're in, go to Settings > General Config. Adjust the paths / Upload URL here as appropriate (the description is correct 90% of the time) , repeat for Gallery/Blog if you have them under Settings > IPS Apps >

Now adjust your cookie settings (just search for Cookie in the ACP search box) if needed.

If using fully friendly URL's with mod_rewrite examine the suggested code in Search Engine Optimisation and compare to what you have in your .htaccess file.

Login straight to the ACP via /admin on the URL, do not try to login to the front end.

​I had a similar issue to OP and this ended up redirecting me to my old URL's ACP. What I posted above was the only thing I could get to work :\ 

Though, I'd have to say that it is always worth a shot :)

IPS4 also stores some settings in it's datastore. Go to datastore directory and open the "settings" datastore and make sure the setting URLs in there are pointing to your local instance rather than another URL.

​This worked!

Two strange things though, it says RC 2 is available but RC 3 is available (it is working fine in the live version) and the small images "everywhere" is not showing. I cannot find a way to recache.

​I had a similar issue to OP and this ended up redirecting me to my old URL's ACP. What I posted above was the only thing I could get to work :\ 

Though, I'd have to say that it is always worth a shot :)

​Ah yes, I misread it as a 3x board 'copy' before upgrading...

Hidden Content

I a;so remember that Matt  was supposed to publish a program to help set the new paths of a copied board.

​I don't think its available yet unfortunately.

Got everyting working (almost, profile pictures are not working but I do not care at this point) as it is only for testing. If someone finds this and want to do the same try:

1. Set site offline (if it is a real move, not neccesary if it is a test copy)
  2. Download files and export the database
  3. Re-upload files and import database
  4. Edit "conf_global.php" and do the same changes in "datastore/settings.XXXXXXX.ipsstore"
  5. Go to ACP
    1. System/Files/Storage Settings/Configurations and change the storage path to the new one (Directory and URL)
    2. Go to Dashboard (where several background processes is seen) and press run now

Now everyting should work fine (except for profile pictures for me at least in RC1).

Got everyting working (almost, profile pictures are not working but I do not care at this point) as it is only for testing. If someone finds this and want to do the same try:

1. Set site offline (if it is a real move, not neccesary if it is a test copy)
  2. Download files and export the database
  3. Re-upload files and import database
  4. Edit "conf_global.php" and do the same changes in "datastore/settings.XXXXXXX.ipsstore"
  5. Go to ACP
    1. System/Files/Storage Settings/Configurations and change the storage path to the new one (Directory and URL)
    2. Go to Dashboard (where several background processes is seen) and press run now

Now everyting should work fine (except for profile pictures for me at least in RC1).

​everything fine but cannot change 5(1) to localhost get following:

EX1146 Something went wrong. Please try again.

Archived