What went wrong for me?

whitetigergrowl

I upgraded the forum to Beta 3 thinking that may fix it. Now the main page is blank white. *sigh*

I may have managed to fix the AdminCP but the main page is blank white now. I can access the gallery and calendar just fine indirectly. But the forums themselves are not accessible and only display a plain white screen. 

Some of the images in the admincp are off as well. Primarily the alert boxes.

Upgraded and that fixed the white screen. The one thing that really bugs me is this:

1C158/3 Files are currently being moved from that configuration and so it cannot be edited. Wait until the move has been completed then try again.

I cannot edit or delete THOSE. That's right there is somehow more than one of the same configuration. Some of these have been going since the site was first brought online and nothing is being moved or edited in those. Wish I knew how to stop them so I could delete them.

Yea, I've just upgraded my test forums to beta 3 and I'm getting the white screen issue as well. It looks like a lot of people are also experiencing issues with Beta 3. But Beta 3a should be released soon according to @Charles

Beta 3a was just as bad for me. Not sure what went wrong for them with this beta 3 release for them but it seems like errors everywhere lol.

Holding out for Beta 3b. Hoping they expedite getting it out so the upgrade errors are fixed at least.

For blank white screen on a fresh server, check out the error_log for apache, usually found in /var/log/httpd. It could be because a prerequisite php module like php-mbstrings or php-xml is missing.

​Blank white screen typically returns an error in the error log though. My installation for example says something is wrong in theme.php

I can't access the forums or admincp, but stuff like the staff directory and guidelines still work: http://clanmxm.com/staff/

I've managed I think to get most everything back in working order. Except I can't get the gallery images to show anymore (just red x's) and avatars won't show either, including the preloaded one from IPB, don't show. Tried re-building them with no luck. Double checked permissions and all seemed ok. Any ideas?

I've managed I think to get most everything back in working order. Except I can't get the gallery images to show anymore (just red x's) and avatars won't show either, including the preloaded one from IPB, don't show. Tried re-building them with no luck. Double checked permissions and all seemed ok. Any ideas?

​If you are using GD for images (it is a setting in ACP), you need to check if that php module is installed.

Check the file "error_log" which should be located in your ipb root folder for any errors.

[03-Dec-2014 08:23:19 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/....../public_html/index.php on line 12
[03-Dec-2014 08:23:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'init.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/pear:/opt/alt/php55/usr/share/php') in /home/....../public_html/index.php on line 12
[03-Dec-2014 08:24:40 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_global_forms::rowDesc() in /home/....../public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php on line 249
[03-Dec-2014 08:24:58 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_global_forms::rowDesc() in /home....../public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php on line 249
[03-Dec-2014 08:25:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array in /home/....../public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(558) : eval()'d code on line 1719
[03-Dec-2014 08:26:27 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array in /home/....../public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(558) : eval()'d code on line 1719
[03-Dec-2014 08:26:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type IPS\Db\Select as array in /home/...../public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(558) : eval()'d code on line 1719
[03-Dec-2014 08:30:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method IPS\Theme\class_core_global_forms::rowDesc() in /home/......./public_html/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php on line 249

These are the only errors it shows in the error log. And this is for GD. It is installed:

GD Supportenabled
GD Versionbundled (2.1.0 compatible)
FreeType Supportenabled
FreeType Linkagewith freetype
FreeType Version2.3.11
T1Lib Supportenabled
GIF Read Supportenabled
GIF Create Supportenabled
JPEG Supportenabled
libJPEG Version6b
PNG Supportenabled
libPNG Version1.2.49
WBMP Supportenabled
XPM Supportenabled
libXpm Version30411
XBM Supportenabled

I'd suggest taking your SQL backup prior to this upgrade and restoring it, and reuploading your BETA 2 files. That will at least fix your site until a more stable release is out.

If the skin doesn't load all you have to do is navigate to Themes in the AdminCP and hit the designer mode check box and click next and that should resolve that CSS issue.

Well the answer is there : [03-Dec-2014 08:23:19 UTC] PHP Warning:  require_once(init.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/....../public_html/index.php on line 12

I would re-validate the conf_global.php and constants.php, also the .htaccess

Archived