Design Switching

Midnight Modding

This is getting really annoying how 125% magnification in IE makes the skin switch to the mobile skin and then I was in the private messaging area and couldn't even read messages or respond to anyone with 125%. Like I said in another topic, I'm thinking of just stopping developing or using ip.board because that's how much it bothers me trying to use it when my only choices are either have small fonts or not be able to use features. I know the majority don't have vision issues, but it should at least be useable when people have bigger font settings or lower resolution settings and whatnot. I have a vision problem and it gives me headaches looking at this small of fonts (the size needed to have it not mess the skin up).

edit: now when I went into messenger, I was able to get toa  conversation and could have responded. Either way it's a big mess, though, and still should have the new mail icon and number at the top in that mobile skin anyway.

If something doesn’t work in the zoomed mode, please report a bug so it can be fixed. 

But I don’t get from your message what the ”big mess” is? When I try zooming in my browser the way the design adapts while zooming works perfectly. I wouldn’t know what I would want to work differently. 

Or there is a setting in the AdminCP to disable responsiveness...

​Thanks, but the ... implies that is common knowledge. I can't know every setting and detail on my own yet. :P

What I meant as far as it being a mess is that some features can't be used, easily. For instance if I look at my list of new messages and I click the icon by it to go to first unread message, the screen it takes me to does not show the message. That whole area where the message would normally be is gone and all it shows is a list of all conversations and so I have to click on the title a second time and then the whole screen will fill with the message instead of the convo list.

I am not sure if that is a bug or just a design decision. Also, 125% for me is different than 125% for others because I have text size at largest and a lower resolution than most etc etc. Again, I know someone can't take only one person;s experience into account, but I just hope I get it sorted enough to where I can deal with it because fonts too small give me a huge headache and when it switches to mobile some important features seem to be missing or at leats harder to find.

edit: hmm, honestly the skin itself is fine for me with 100% magnification. I mostly just wish I could have it look that way, but bigger fonts.  I could change them in the css, I guess, but then it would be affecting other visitors, who wouldn't want them big. But anyway so that would be my perfect ideal, is keep the current skin look, but have bigger fonts everywhere. I am guessing turning off responsiveness would then stretch some other areas in the skin, but hopefully it will be close enough. :) I am feeling better about he look today, so I am happy with most everything, just trying to get fonts bigger for me personally is all. 

​Thanks, but the ... implies that is common knowledge. I can't know every setting and detail on my own yet. :P

What I meant as far as it being a mess is that some features can't be used, easily. For instance if I look at my list of new messages and I click the icon by it to go to first unread message, the screen it takes me to does not show the message. That whole area where the message would normally be is gone and all it shows is a list of all conversations and so I have to click on the title a second time and then the whole screen will fill with the message instead of the convo list.

I am not sure if that is a bug or just a design decision. Also, 125% for me is different than 125% for others because I have text size at largest and a lower resolution than most etc etc. Again, I know someone can't take only one person;s experience into account, but I just hope I get it sorted enough to where I can deal with it because fonts too small give me a huge headache and when it switches to mobile some important features seem to be missing or at leats harder to find.

edit: hmm, honestly the skin itself is fine for me with 100% magnification. I mostly just wish I could have it look that way, but bigger fonts.  I could change them in the css, I guess, but then it would be affecting other visitors, who wouldn't want them big. But anyway so that would be my perfect ideal, is keep the current skin look, but have bigger fonts everywhere. I am guessing turning off responsiveness would then stretch some other areas in the skin, but hopefully it will be close enough. :) I am feeling better about he look today, so I am happy with most everything, just trying to get fonts bigger for me personally is all. 

All browsers should allow you to go up to a 70px font which is pretty large, I can read it with my contacts off and I'm legally blind without them :lol: . This way you can keep zoom at 100% (aka not going mobile mode) and this is only visible on your local machine seeing as this is a browser setting and will be taken into affect on all websites. There are tons of browser settings that will allow you to get what you want and not put other users at discomfort or have to own a website to read it properly to your settings ;) 

All browsers should allow you to go up to a 70px font which is pretty large, I can read it with my contacts off and I'm legally blind without them :lol: . This way you can keep zoom at 100% (aka not going mobile mode) and this is only visible on your local machine seeing as this is a browser setting and will be taken into affect on all websites. There are tons of browser settings that will allow you to get what you want and not put other users at discomfort or have to own a website to read it properly to your settings ;) 

​As far as I know the only way to get fonts very big in IE would be if I try to force all fonts to be the same size on all sites. It usually works better by simply using "largest" in the text size menu, but that's still small on here, when using 100%. Looks like probably 10 or 11 px.

Archived