Sphinx recommends to replace deprecated functions

Hello

Before i start indexing i got this :

WARNING: key 'sql_attr_str2ordinal' is deprecated in /sphinxconfig/sphinx.conf line 154; use 'sql_attr_string for sorting' instead.
WARNING: key 'sql_attr_str2ordinal' is deprecated in /sphinxconfig/sphinx.conf line 278; use 'sql_attr_string for sorting' instead.
WARNING: key 'port' is deprecated in /sphinxconfig/sphinx.conf line 388; use 'listen' instead.

So is it safe to edit my config and replace them?

sql_attr_str2ordinal         ------->          sql_attr_string
sql_attr_str2ordinal         ------->          sql_attr_string
port                         ------->          listen

Thank you

You should be able to replace them, yes, but you have to make sure you're using the correct syntax.

I did update my configuration for listen, but I don't remember ever being prompted to change "sql_attr_str2ordinal".

I don't know if the syntax for sql_attr_str2original has changed any, I have fairly limited experience with Sphinx so I have no idea what the differences actually are.

You can try changing them though. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and you just have to revert the configuration back.

For listen though, it means removing the port line and changing listen from "127.0.0.1" to "127.0.0.1:3312", assuming you haven't changed the default IP/port for Sphinx on your server.

Archived