Variables into CSS

BomAleold

I wanted to ask if it was possible for the future allow us to create a css code with the help of variables in css ... a sample is truly representative lesscss.org but I would not load external scripts(also for continuous update of ip.suite) seen that with the 4.0 framework is jquery this could benefit even more the work of Skinner.

Only when CSS4 become more compatibility for most browser this should be obsolete but until then I think you have to take advantage of this with just a few-essential parts.

please let's talk a little bit please :tongue: thanks!

We aren't integrating LESS or SASS for a number of reasons, however we do have more features to present that'd cover the functionality you're talking about :) Keep an eye on our developer blog for more information :)

the fact is that for my use is to have the same css with different versions of a theme. have 2 or more versions of style.css for a singular theme without having to have 3 themes template(html,php)/css copies ... that's all.

if you be able to keep this in mind then you will make me one of your most loyal customers: P

• 3 months later...

We aren't integrating LESS or SASS for a number of reasons, however we do have more features to present that'd cover the functionality you're talking about :smile: Keep an eye on our developer blog for more information :smile:

SASS is great, what were the reasons?

The reasons are primarily it is not standard CSS, and we have to remember not everyone who wants to edit our skins are competent web developers. Standard CSS is the preferred method for us. In addition, we would have to either ship an on-demand JS compiler, or integrate a 3rd party compiler into our build process (the sass project does not have their own php compiler, as far as I know) - which is already complex given our own compiling we have to do.

Archived