Edit time before the 'edited by' legend is forced on

Wolfie

I made a hook to fill the request/want for being able to let members edit a post of theirs before the 'Edited by' legend is forced on. Up to that point, it's optional.

I believe this is something that should be part of the core product. Over the years, there have been requests for this to be added. Wouldn't hurt for it to be a global function either. Someone can edit a comment made to a blog comment (for example) and it doesn't show that it's been edited at all. Mentioning this for consistency.

A grace period is a good idea (I've suggested it to) for those who have the 'edit by' line forced giving them say two or three minutes (any more sort of negates the purpose) of a 'grace period' where they can edit their post / topic without that line showing to allow them to adjust or correct typo's. :)

I know we have the preview but I suspect most do not always use it.

Can't preview for comments (blog entries, etc).

Sometimes, people might preview their content and it all looks fine, but then once they submit it.. Oops, just noticed something.. Go to edit and fix, but blast, now it shows that I made an edit even though the post is still fresh.

Archived