iPad Editor

EBLenny

Hi.

I've just bought myself an iPad.

When I come to reply to a topic, I've found the reply editor does not have the same functionality as usual.

For instance the grey area above the text input box that contains the font options and smileys etc, is not there at all and doesn't appear when you click in the text area to type a reply.

Is this a board setting problem or does the problem lie with apple as I've heard the problem exists on iPhone aswell????

Thanks.

• Management

Although the latest iOS release does have contentEditable functionality, in practise it just makes the editor very slow and difficult to use. For example, it's not easy to select text and tap a button without deselecting the text. Furthermore, if you're trying to style the top line of text by selecting it, the black 'bubble' covers the line of buttons so you can't get to them.

Although the latest iOS release does have contentEditable functionality, in practise it just makes the editor very slow and difficult to use. For example, it's not easy to select text and tap a button without deselecting the text. Furthermore, if you're trying to style the top line of text by selecting it, the black 'bubble' covers the line of buttons so you can't get to them.

Wasn't the iPad editor with smilies enabled during the 3.4 beta cycle on the IPS forum? I seem to recall I saw it and was really happy that this functionality was included..

• Management

Each other day the traffic level we see within iPad or other tabs are increasing more and more. In 6 months , we can all asume that tablet users will overcome PC users. Ignoring tablets is a huge mistake. IPB shall focus and improve their tablet compatibility asap.

I don't disagree. But although CKEditor 3.4 can support an iPad as editable it is a very poor experience which even on my iPad 4 is buggy, slow and difficult to use.

CKEditor 4.0 improves this dramatically so we'll make use of that in IPS 4.0.

• 1 year later...

I don't disagree. But although CKEditor 3.4 can support an iPad as editable it is a very poor experience which even on my iPad 4 is buggy, slow and difficult to use.

CKEditor 4.0 improves this dramatically so we'll make use of that in IPS 4.0.

I don't suppose you've looked into the possibility of allowing developers to make use of the CKEditor themes & plugins system? I remember having a look at doing this for IPB3 but had some trouble and/or was not possible. I think it would be really neat :)

I don't suppose you've looked into the possibility of allowing developers to make use of the CKEditor themes & plugins system? I remember having a look at doing this for IPB3 but had some trouble and/or was not possible. I think it would be really neat :smile:

Yes 4.0 uses both of those :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived