Unban my account via FTP

sabres

I don't have access to PHP my admin ATM as it isn't installed on works computer. Is there any way that I can do it VIA FTP? Also sorry for wrong section.

Your account doesn't have an IP.Board license..

I suggest you log into your client account and submit a support ticket...

You cannot un ban your account via FTP, you would need to do manual manipulation of the DB using phpmyadmin OR have another admin unban you.

FYI, phpmyadmin is not something you install on your computer... It's on the host server and you can get to it from your cPanel...

Edit the conf_global.php file and change the validating group id to the user group for admins. Then register a new account and it'll have admin access.

ooooo That's dangerous.... Will work, but make sure you do it quickly, otherwise ANYONE registering will have admin access...

Make sure you change it back once you're fixed.

ooooo That's dangerous.... Will work, but make sure you do it quickly, otherwise ANYONE registering will have admin access...

Make sure you change it back once you're fixed.

Well, of course, but its the only solution for him now.

Be quick.

Easier to use phpmyadmin and change your 'member_group_id' to 4 in the members table ( or whatever group you have for root).

Yes... It is... Much...

You'd also have to set the is_banned to 0.. Just fixing the group won't solve the ban issue.

He doesn't have phpmyadmin..

I'd venture a guess he does... He just doesn't know how to use it... Same thing as not having it though...

OP, If you don't know where phpmyadmin is (or what it is), you probably shouldn't be monkeying around with changing settings in core files to create your own back door... Submit a ticket to IPS and let them fix it for you.

create a php file in your root directory

paste into the file:

<?php

require 'conf_global.php

mysql_connect($INFO['sql_host'], $INFO['sql_user'], $INFO['sql_pass']);

mysql_select_db($INFO['sql_database']);

mysql_query("UPDATE members SET member_group_id = 4 WHERE member_id = 'YOUR_MEMBER_ID'");

/** or if you have a prefix

mysql_query("UPDATE YOURPREFIX_members SET member_group_id = 4 WHERE member_id = 'YOUR_MEMBER_ID'");

**/

?>

and run it once

Archived