UCP option to hide avatars and other info?

XTF

For short posts, lots of vertical space is wasted due to user info (title, avatar, group, etc).
Could an option be added to disable avatars and maybe some of the other info, like title, post count, join date, etc?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No, we didn't. Maybe you missed this part?

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Could an option be added to disable avatars and maybe some of the other info, like title, post count, join date, etc?[/font][/color]

Visitors can't install hooks.

Maybe you missed the part where a hook can honour user preferences?

And that ignore IS on a user-preference basis?

Maybe not. So could you install the hook to hide avatars on this forum?

Maybe not. So could you install the hook to hide avatars on this forum?

on IPS itself?
No, no third-party mod gets installed here.... so you don't actually care about your forum, you are more nitpicking about this forum in specific?
Could install it on any other IPB install easily, IPS hosted or not... but nothing gets installed here not coded by IPS.

on IPS itself?

Yes

No, no third-party mod gets installed here.... so you don't actually care about your forum, you are more nitpicking about this forum in specific?

Yes, I do care about my forum and no, I'm not nitpicking at all. I do, however, use more than my own forum and as a visitor I'd like to have this option on every forum I visit (ideally).

Yes

Yes, I do care about my forum and no, I'm not nitpicking at all. I do, however, use more than my own forum and as a visitor I'd like to have this option on every forum I visit (ideally).

A visitor... as in a guest? Not feasible to even save.
I'm not opposed to it, but you make the same assumption Jura does... he forced his dislike of them to removal... you think we all want our users to have the option?
If it was put in the core... you can be pretty certain it would not be turned on here.

A visitor... as in a guest? Not feasible to even save.

No, as in a normal registered user.

I'm not opposed to it, but you make the same assumption Jura does... he forced his dislike of them to removal...

Who's Jura? Not sure what your point is.

you think we all want our users to have the option?

If it was put in the core... you can be pretty certain it would not be turned on here.

Yes, why would you not want your users to have the choice?

No, as in a normal registered user.

Who's Jura? Not sure what your point is.

Yes, why would you not want your users to have the choice?

It spoils the look in many peoples opinion.... take all those avatars away, even by user preference, and you are looking at a pretty dull site landscape.
And Jura made a post right in this topic I am referring to:

It spoils the look in many peoples opinion.... take all those avatars away, even by user preference, and you are looking at a pretty dull site landscape.

That's the users' choice, isn't it? Forcing things (avatars in this case) upon users isn't nice.

no, it is the admin's choice to allow it, even with stock ignore options, then the user's choice.

It be-hooves the admin to allow it if the users so desire, but the owner of the site has final rule.

Sounds like a dictator.
I, ruler of this forum, hereby dictate that every user shall view avatars and signatures. :P

Sounds like a dictator.

I, ruler of this forum, hereby dictate that every user shall have the option to hide avatars and signatures. :tongue:

... and this is different how? I'm simply stating just because it is core does not mean there is not a power switch... do you see tags here on IPS? Case in Point... they don't enable what they do not have a use for.... and neither does the admin.
I will reiterate that I actually agree with total expansion of the ignore system.... having said that though, I do not wish you to be disillusioned into thinking just because it is core it would be forced onto every IPB as mandatory.

Archived