Download: (Pav32) Someone Mentions You

Pavulon87

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is changing in posts. @GodDon will stay @GodDon

oh. personally i think the names should parse.

we had this on vB and they did that. atleast that way people knew if the mention worked.

now when u do it, it just looks like normal ol text :/

There is no other option to change everybody's settings(Notification settings are stored[serialized] with other options in "members_cache" field in "members" database. You could clear this field to reset members settings, but I don't recommend this).

ah shucks. i wish tehre was a better/safer way

Sorry, but shouldn't this say: RichardC mentioned you in a post. Right now it says RichardC mentioned you in post. Just curious.

or

RichardC mentioned you in this post

:smile:

we had this on vB and they did that. atleast that way people knew if the mention worked.

+1

This would be great. +1

or

[u][color=#0000ff]RichardC[/color][/u] mentioned you in [u][color=#0000ff]this post[/color][/u]

[u][color=#0000ff] :smile:[/color][/u]

+1 on this as well, lol.

might need to make that 2 times, lol. check out this result after parsing a name with spaces

@[member='Yoda'] @[member='My Other Self']other self should both now show as profile links as well as sending a notification

it prses the name correctly but repeats everything after the initial space in the name

sorry chap

Rich

[s]yeah, for me, the first name gets no notification or link but the second name gets the link and the notification.[/s]

I found my mistake

I must be getting slow, I was going to say i cannot duplicate that here. however it has confirmed my spaces issue with parsed names

@[member='My Other Self']other self @[member='Yoda']

might need to make that 2 times, lol. check out this result after parsing a name with spaces

@[member='Yoda'] @[member='My Other Self']other self should both now show as profile links as well as sending a notification

it prses the name correctly but repeats everything after the initial space in the name

sorry chap

Rich

Fixed ;)
Download and reinstall hook.

also just installed the new one, u dont have to do anyhting special for the names with spaces, correct?

cause i tried "@lively shively" and it didnt parse nor did it send a notification :/

This should works. I tested names with spaces(on 2 forums) and Richard tested it too and there were no problems.
Are you sure, that "lively shively" is correct?

yeah, my name on our site worked, and it has 2 spaces. ill just try again i guess.

also..

There is no other option to change everybody's settings(Notification settings are stored[serialized] with other options in "members_cache" field in "members" database. You could clear this field to reset members settings, but I don't recommend this).

lets say i did decide to do that, what harm would it cause? im curious cause we have 160k members, and doing it might crash our database i feel.

but it was nice on vb cause when we added mentions, it automatically sent notifications, people had to turn them off if they didnt want them.

Archived