Download: (Pav32) Someone Mentions You

Pavulon87

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

double checked notification settings and they are ok (all ticked)

@My other Self - still doesn't work

@RichardC - works

@richardc - also works (not case sensitive)

Oh, yes. "@My other Self" didn't works, because first part("Me") is too short. Tried with "@Test User" and everything worked.
Try to download and reinstall mod one more time - I've changed something.

I really like the sound of this app, Pavulon, but I think I'm going to wait until I hear if you've added the ajax drop down or not. That would be great if you could.

I don't think it's that straight forward due to the way CKEditor functions, as you know from all the recent topics about it, it still needs work itself.

I don't think it's that straight forward due to the way CKEditor functions, as you know from all the recent topics about it, it still needs work itself.

It will take a really long time. If I can detect a typed nickname, it still remain to write autocomplete function from the beginning, because default is not working with CKEditor or textarea.

Konrad, still not able to get it working @My Other Self

Now I'm almost 100% sure, that this time it will works(Tested with @My Other Self ;) ).

damn no

so ok i configured this

but i have no text in this case, normal or not ?

No, no. I forgot to export language strings in one release. Just download and reinstall hook.

Now I'm almost 100% sure, that this time it will works(Tested with @My Other Self

I will give it a try in a moment, one thing - I just checked my setting based on what boboss was saying and the tick box will NOT stay ticked, everytime I go to the page to check, it is unticked

I cannot test the hook unless this remains ticked, can you look at it please Konrad :) - maybe set it to 'ticked by default' ?

regards
Richard

It should be ticked by default - look at ACP > Members > Notification Defaults
But this could not working with existing members.

Richard, try to recache notifications data if tick box is always unticked. Changing "Notification Defaults" should works too.

ACP > Tools & Settings > Cache Management > notifications > Recache Cache

okay. how do we know if it worked?

like when i put @GodDon will it parse the name as well?

or will it just show up as normal text.

Nothing is changing in posts. @GodDon will stay @GodDon

and also then everyone has to go through and change their notifications to allow it to work correctly?

There is no other option to change everybody's settings(Notification settings are stored[serialized] with other options in "members_cache" field in "members" database. You could clear this field to reset members settings, but I don't recommend this).

You mean topic title? I can add this information to the notice.

Just give me example how this could look.

"[color=#0000ff]RichardC[/color] mentioned you in [color=#0000ff]post [/color]in Topic Title"

"[color=#0000ff]RichardC[/color] mentioned you in [color=#0000ff]Topic Title[/color]"

??

I meant somethings changed.

in v1.0 the notification said "My Other Self replied to Hook - (Pav32) Someone Mentions You 1.0.0"

but now it only says " My Other Self mentioned you in post "

in other words, it used to say what the topic title was, now it just says the word 'post'

I meant somethings changed.

in v1.0 the notification said "[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#328586]My Other Self[/color][/font] replied to [font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#225985]Hook - (Pav32) Someone Mentions You 1.0.0[/color][/font]"

but now it only says " [font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#225985]My Other Self[/color][/font] mentioned you in [font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#225985]post[/color][/font] "

in other words, it used to say what the topic title was, now it just says the word 'post'

It's because I wanted to it was similar to quote:

[color=#0000ff]Richard C[/color] [color=#0000ff]quoted[/color] a [color=#0000ff]post you made[/color]

Today, 10:05 PM

where there is no topic title.

I have bought this and turned it on and re-cached my notification, but this didn't automatically come on for my members. They still (or I have to) go in and turn it on. I thought it was supposed to turn on automatically.

it does. I had this issue and once i had re-cached as instructed in a previous post, the notification was ticked and it all worked fine

Archived