Download: (Pav32) Someone Mentions You

Pavulon87

Is there a way to hook this to blogs and galleries?

Nice idea, but to be honest looking at he original concept of this mod, it was intended as a board topic mention hook and with the changes already done its a good $5 value IMO.

I would like to see this as a suite wide addition as well but it probably means a LOT of additional coding and I would guess a higher $$ as well. (Not to mention additional bug trapping and all that stuff)

Obviously I'm not the author, but thats my take on the situation.

Rich
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not everyone checks every thread.

as far as staff goes. you can make one thread and mention your whole team to get them to reply to the thread

and member wise, if they dont visit a section often but you got somethin to say to them or show them, you can mention them in the post.

this hook (when we were on vB) was their FAVORITE addition we had. and when we moved to IPB, everyone was upset cause we couldnt have it. its really quite useful and handy. and for how fast and efficient the dev was and for only $5, its honestly a steal imo.

its a lot more convenient then sending a profile message or a private conversation

only problem we had in the past is when people had post celebrations (10,000 posts, 30,000 posts etc) they would mention all their "friends"

and if someone quoted that post, it would remention all of them again. but with this hook, it limits to X amount of mentions per post and stops from members abusing it.

which is what im used to. every hook/mod i add, i get my members abusing it in one way or another.

not everyone checks every thread.

as far as staff goes. you can make one thread and mention your whole team to get them to reply to the thread

and member wise, if they dont visit a section often but you got somethin to say to them or show them, you can mention them in the post

its a lot more convenient then sending a profile message or a private conversation

only problem we had in the past is when people had post celebrations (10,000 posts, 30,000 posts etc) they would mention all their "friends"

and if someone quoted that post, it would remention all of them again. but with this hook, it limits to X amount of mentions per post and stops from members abusing it.

which is what im used to. every hook/mod i add, i get my members abusing it in one way or another.

I may quote some of this to explain the feature to my forum members :D (i'll exclude the bit about abuse lol)

me

I'm sorry that I did not answer, but I had problems with my HDD.

Hook works only with post. Every other location require another hook with another language bits.
There's a lot of other locations(blogs, gallery, download, comments, statuses etc) and this require extra work.
And there's one more problem - I don't have any other IPS product, so I can't create hooks for them.

Admincp>>Cache page>>>recache all. And try again. More than other hooks, this one needs to be recached to see the results of the changes.

Hook should work without that, but I added it to the readme ;)

The longest matched name is used.
For example:

Members: Member, Member1, Member2, Member 3

@Member -> Member;

@Member 3 -> Member 3;

@Member3 -> nothing;

Members: Member1, Member2, Member 3

@Member -> nothing;

@Member1 -> Member1;

@Member3 -> nothing

If there is only one partial match, then it is used.

Members: Member1

@Member -> Member1;

@Member1 -> Member1;

@Member 1 -> Member1;

Yeah the notification part still does NOT work. Should I just try re-installing it?

and clear your cache as described earlier in this topic. I had the same issue and doing that solved it for me. You can tell if thats the problem by looking at your notifications setting in your user control panel. If the box won't stay ticked, its a cache problem
  • 2 weeks later...

have the latest version

and sometimes when i click the @Mention part in teh member pane, it takes me to the top of the page and doesnt do anything :/

also. still doesnt seem like it works for all users. not sure if the cacheing fixed the issue

but still when i type "@name here" it doesnt hyperlink like its supposed to, nor the member gets notified.

Maybe it's happen because members belongs to excluded group? If member who wrote post is in excluded group then '@name' isn't parsed and notification is not send.

@Mention in member pane is a simple javascript:

onClick="ipb.textEditor.getEditor( ipb.textEditor.getCurrentEditorId() ).insert( '@{$author['members_display_name']}' ); return false;"

If CKEDITOR is initialized then it must work.
Maybe could you give a forum address so I can check it out?

Archived