Download: (Pav32) Someone Mentions You

Pavulon87

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the bbcode was carried over from when we were on vbulletin, just forgot and never deleted it

the mention ithe member pane was disabled since it wasnt working correctly

does capitalization have to be exact? cause i just tried it again in our questions & suggestions section and it didnt work :/

(my name is 'jeebus wuz here' fyi) and i typed @sick jackie (the person that started the thread) and it didnt work

Ok, I know your name, but only the first part is necesary. I'm sorry if it offended you.
I checked your forum and notification defaults works:
post-267999-0-14646900-1322126886_thumb.

Notifications works too:
post-267999-0-74258000-1322127453.png

But there is weird problem in your forum.
Test

@Pavulon

@sick jackie

Is changed to:

Test

@[member=''][member='Pavulon']

@[member='']sick jackie

I have to check it out, but I cannot reproduce that on another forum.
Do you have the latest version?

Thanks for the update , I had to recache all Admincp>>Cache page>>>recache all , i think you should add it to the readme during install .

How can I change Notify me when someone mentioned me in the post to send an email instead of only notification. I would like this to be the default . And any sql query to run to change the existing ?

Also it would be great if we had @ group mentions only for Admin and Mods group !

Thanks for the update , I had to recache all Admincp>>Cache page>>>recache all , i think you should add it to the readme during install .

It is in the ReadMe.html file.

How can I change Notify me when someone mentioned me in the post to send an email instead of only notification. I would like this to be the default . And any sql query to run to change the existing ?

As member - User Control Panel > Settings > Notification Options
As admin you could go to the ACP > Members > Notification Defaults
You cannot change members settings with a sql query. You could only delete their preferences to use the defaults.

Also it would be great if we had @ group mentions only for Admin and Mods group !

This could highly(if group have a lot of members) increase the resource usage.

Try to download hook once again and reinstall it. I've changed something and maybe this will help you.

My @mention isn't parsing. The @metion shows when a user adds it by clicking on @mention or when they freehand it in but it's not sending notifications - it's just text.

I removed the warn status from the user info box - could that have something to do with it?
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2 times with the Recache all.

Hey Pavulon, would it be possible to change the @ to # in this addon? I am not asking you to do it for everyone. Just wondering if this is like a change which I can attempt myself.

I am asking this because my members also tend to use @username, to address people in a thread when they don't want to multiquote. So we do not want to confuse that usage with this tagging.

The problem is with all names or only some?

It was all names however I did a reinstall (again...) last night.

So here's what I did and what's currently happening.
1) I uninstalled the hook
2) Recached everything (System --> Tools --> Cache --> Recache all) ===as per instructions.
3) Reverted back 'userinfopane' template to stock (I'm using Luminous and I tried removing the warn status)
4) Recached everything again.
5) Reinstalled the latest (1.0.3) Hook.
6) Recached everything again.

What it's doing now ---
It's finally parsing the @member into the v-card member info popup.
However, it's not sending notifications.

I did double check the hook settings to make sure I didn't limit any groups and my testing members notifications settings (both set to inline and email).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm baffled.

My @mention isn't parsing. The @metion shows when a user adds it by clicking on @mention or when they freehand it in but it's not sending notifications - it's just text.

I removed the warn status from the user info box - could that have something to do with it?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 2 times with the Recache all.

Should works now.

Hey Pavulon, would it be possible to change the @ to # in this addon? I am not asking you to do it for everyone. Just wondering if this is like a change which I can attempt myself.

I am asking this because my members also tend to use @username, to address people in a thread when they don't want to multiquote. So we do not want to confuse that usage with this tagging.

Option added.

New version available.

Archived