Download: (Pav32) Someone Mentions You

Pavulon87

Works after the below for old members and new ones too.

Setup your default notifications @ ACP->Members->Notification Defaults and then run this query in ACP->Support->SQL Toolbox (backup first):

update ibf_members set members_cache = ''[/CODE]

If you want them to receive the notification immediate, in ACP->Support->SQL Toolbox (backup first):

[CODE]update ibf_members set auto_track = 'immediate'

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Small problem.

I receive my email saying "Someone mentioned you" however the link to go to the post is wrong.

For example:
This was the link in the email ---> "http://www.hockeyblogs.net/index.php?/topic/page__findpost__7687-briere-injured/"
But this is what it actually is and should be ----> "http://www.hockeyblogs.net/index.php?/topic/2990-briere-injured/page__view__findpost__p__7687"

Is it this mods issue or IP's ?

Hi, I have just updated to the latest version and changed from '@' to '#' in the ACP settings.

I now have this in the member's profile section
post-110533-0-99608000-1323688990.png

I tried changing back to '@' but the link in the member's profile didn't correct itself.

I did all the re-caching stuff and it also didn't change.

One thought I had was to maybe change the link from '@mention' to 'Mention Me' which would remove the need for having to change the character in the link.

please advise if there is a fix available or whether I need to rebuild anything else,

cheers
Richard

im not good with queries...

or

[CODE]UPDATE members SET members_cache = ''

to send all notifcations back to the default, im supposed to run that query but we get an error saying that table doesnt exist

.... can anyone help? :/

or

[CODE]UPDATE members SET members_cache = ''

There is no difference whether this will update or UPDATE (set/SET) but you have to add table prefix before the "members". Prefix is saved in file conf_global.php in $INFO['sql_tbl_prefix']

UPDATE PREFIXmembers SET members_cache = ''[/code]

You may also use http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/352617-download-mt32synch-me/ , but have not tested this.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought and installed this. Nice, clean functionality. Am upgrading a site and we used to do this thing with a special code in posts and then a search call to find them (yech).

Seems to work great with first post, but if I notice I typed wrong name and go to edit it or I realize I forgot someone and edit, the mentions are not processed.

I really like the feedback if they post and name is not found, it does not convert to member link. But then I can't do anything about it because it does not seem to process when post is edited?

Can this be added or am I doing something wrong?

we really like this hook and have been using on our DEV site without issues for some time now.

However, we have found a couple of things on our live site:

#mention does not work if the reply contains a quote

#mention does not work 100% of the time, we suspect that this is due to our server's response being slow when the topic is submitted, causing the member look up to not complete (this is only a guess) is there a way to force the topic to wait until the server responds with a valid name, before the topic is posted? - it's just an idea, ideally we need a faster server response but I can imagine on boards with several thousand members to look up, that this may become an issue for them also.

Its not a deal breaker if the above cannot be addressed, its just some observations for you to consider

regards
Richard

I think I can add option to send notifications after post edit, but only when option "Parse names?" is enabled, otherwise notifications might be sent after every post edit.

Yes. I understand that part. That probably works for most wanting this as you see the name conversion going on in the post and then know to edit any that did not convert or add some.
Perfect for us.

Richard, could you tell me more about that problems? Because I cannot reproduce that.
Mention doesn't work everytime when reply contains a quote or only sometimes?
Do the names are parsed?
Is there any error when topic is submitted? Is there a problem with replies or only with topics?
This happens where there is more than one mention or it doesn't matter?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived