Suggestion: Incentive program for IPS Marketplace

rbiss

To encourage everyone to come back and update all previous mods I would suggest establishing an incentive, such as creating a period when higher payouts are provided to those updating old mods/apps. I waited around three months before upgrading to 3.x series but in doing so still had to offer reduced features to my members because some haven't, and still haven't, updated their apps. Plus, the mods available are a bit sparse for this level of board. The existing contributors are awesome, would be nice to have more.

If more apps are on more people will buy the core IP products. Sometimes you need a loss leader to get people in the door.

Put a minimum price on a paid app. This 2 and 3 dollar stuff is a waste of everyone's time and energy.

Sometimes you need a loss leader to get people in the door.

We have loss leaders already. ;) However we don't make money with the marketplace, and it's difficult to justify routine expenditures of the magnitude you describe. A once-off competition or something isn't so bad, but to pay marketplace contributors to update their work would cost a fortune, and I'd expect would require license cost increases, something I'm sure everyone would not want to see.

Do you buy mods that are for out of date versions? I don't. Not sure how that can earn IP any money.

Are the paid mods just money paid to IP? I assume there's a % cut to the developers. Rather than 50% (or whatever it is ) I'm suggesting upping the cut for a limited time, maybe 75% or whatever works (to encourage mods to get updated in a timely fashion).

Do you buy mods that are for out of date versions? I don't. Not sure how that can earn IP any money.

Guess what. Mods that people buy don't make IPS money.

Are the paid mods just money paid to IP? I assume there's a % cut to the developers.

Your problem is that not only do you make inaccurate assumptions, you also ignore when people try to inform you otherwise.

You gave no indication they weren't paid, ie "would likewise incur a loss", "it's not a cash cow", "operates barely above cost". Very informative there smart guy.

Guess what. Mods that people buy don't make IPS money. Your problem is that not only do you make inaccurate assumptions, you also ignore when people try to inform you otherwise.

Archived