Comment Spam from Validating Members

Fast Lane!

Apparently validating members can spam member profiles with comments/spam links. This seems to be the latest way to get around spam filters and other methods to limit new user spam messaging.

To be clear, members who have not validated their accounts via email authentication can post comments to anyone's profile with spam. I think there should also be a mass delete feature (delete all member's comments on everyone's profiles) for clean up (easy manual mysql query -- hopefully to implement as well). Maybe an ACP option to limit validating and member groups in general from posting on profiles. That would solve it. I have a new members group for people with less than a few posts and this would be perfect to enable for them.

I think there should also be a mass delete feature (delete all member's comments on everyone's profiles) for clean up (easy manual mysql query -- hopefully to implement as well).

Flag them as a Spammer on their profile page and it automatically deletes all their posts and profile comments too.

Archived