Download: Our Topics

aSimpleIdea

File Name: Our Topics
File Submitter: DevRegan
File Submitted: 09 May 2011
File Updated: 14 Aug 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook shows a table on top of your page with some topics ( you decide how many ) in a certain order ( you decide: recently commented, highest rate, latest, most visited, most commented).

You decide usergroups that can view this hook, then you will have to decide forums where to pull topics from.
Only users that can access that forum ( can view forum and can read topics within it) will see those topics.

Topics will appear just as a gallery: a preview image with a sexy description.

Note: topics belonging to password protected forums will not be shown, for security purposes.

NOTE: Version 1.3 is just an update that makes this hook compatible with Invision Power Board 3.2, so it is not a major version.
The application is just the same, only visual output has changed.

Click here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice mod i buy it and works perfect! , would be nice if the images could be clickable whit the link of the topic.

Yes, in the nex version it will be possible, stay tuned! :)

I guess you also ensure that topics in forums where other users can't see other users topics aren't pulled out aswell?

Of course. Only users that can access that forum ( that means, can view forum and read topics within it ) will view those topics. Also, for security reason, topics belonging to password protected forums won't show, same as unapproved topics.
Also, it also get attached images as preview images, but the admin must have given permissions to your usergroups, in order to see them. If you cannot download attachment in that forum, you will not be able to see the attached preview.
Contact me if you have any question about this. :)

what about make it like a slide or carousel, this way we can put more number of topics to show without look heaped, i mean something like this.

http://themeforest.net/item/zillapress-wordpress-magazine-community-theme/full_screen_preview/120675

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.2 Out Now;

New: added a gallery style table
Deleted name of application on table title
New: Administrators can decide image size
New: Added many new settings
New: attachments are shown as thumbnail to avoid high loading times

If you like this hook you may also like Topics Wall --> Topics Wall

Have fun! :)

ok i just bought ur mod and love it

below is my post content its grabbing second image not parsing/using imdb images it works with my lastfm images but not with imdb images

[/IMG] [IMG] [/IMG]

[size=5][u]Unknown[/u](2011)[/size]

[IMG]		

below is how it looks
post-198107-0-98916600-1307134425_thumb.

wondering if there is a way to fix it without reuploading all those images as there's thousands of topics as i ahve movie critic board

also some ideas for the future
tabs for categories meaning one tab for say music one for movies etc but customizable based on need and allow certain topics(subforums) to be fed into each tab

able to customize scrolling interval in seconds/minutes

able to center it so no matter how many u items u have it centers it and/or have elasticity effect to to autofit

have it detect user hovering and pause the scrolling so it doesn't jump away from the user as there trying to manually browse through them

will add more ideas as i think of them this is awesome don't get me wrong the above would just make it even more awesome i didn't reiterate the images as links as i saw u planned on adding that already

wouldn't even mind having to pay more for a custom solution

below is my post content its grabbing second image not parsing/using imdb images it works with my lastfm images but not with imdb images

ok i just bought ur mod and love it

%7Boption%7D

[size=5][u]Unknown[/u](2011)[/size]

[IMG]		

below is how it looks wondering if there is a way to fix it without reuploading all those images as there's thousands of topics as i ahve movie critic board

post-198107-0-98916600-1307134425_thumb.

Hi,
I just uploaded a new minor version. I tested on my board and it works with imdb images too. Please let me know if it works.
For others: if you have images not displayed in your ourtopics table, consider to update to this version. Otherwise there's no need for you to update.

Thank you, I already wanted to add some of those features for the next versions. :smile:
Thank you very much for your suggestion.
Your feedback is very appreciated. :smile:
The price will be the same.

Bye!

btw not sure this is fixed in ur new version or its a me problem only one member is having this issue when logging in > %7Boption%7D

http://pastebin.com/rmvbmkxb

is the server error logged edited last of members ip so it doesnt show but for all the other like 1300 members have no issues

btw new update works seemlessly great support thanks a million well member is offline not sure if hes still having issues now and not as concerned as it is an isolated case but if it could effect everyone would eventually liek to see it fixed im so glad i dont have to reuplaod all those images it looks so nice now :) im a happy camper

seems its happening to a few of my moderators so for now had to disabled mod(till we figure out what it is) i changed his usergrp to to normal member and he was able to login in fine then upon putting him back to moderator no luck error upon trying to login (note all groups except banned,guests are enabled to use hook ) note my supermods had no issues or my other custom mod grps to my knowledge so not sure what it is but it definitely is the mod in some way i went through all the user permissions and unless im overlooking something there is a bug if u need more info feel free to ask and ill try testing it out further

ok i further tested last few days tested every grp and found it was my custom group having 2 canceling out permissions set fixed that and mod works great :tongue: sorry about my user error

The groups permissions works fine, glad you have find the issue, also the sql errors that you have i have it too , but they dont affect the modification work , is a minor/invisible issue everything works perfect.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,
I will make a brand new version for Invision 3.2.
I will upload a new version for 3.2 only. For those who bought this version (for 3.1.x), in future versions of the hook i will include two folders, a 3.1.x version folder and a 3.2.x ones containing all the new updates brought by invision 3.2.

So, if you bought this version, you won't have to buy the 3.2 version again, you will just have to download the updated version :wink:

Hope I clarified your ideas, if not, please contact me again. :smile:

Bye!

Archived