Better way to report threads

7SiN

One of my moderators thought this would do great and stop members from being bossy. When they have all that space to type, they tell the moderators what they need to do.

Instead, my moderator suggested to have a pop up like the delete button:
%7Boption%7D

That way it just says "Reason" and hopefully with it being a small box, they won't want to try to tell the moderators what to do and will rather give the reason for reporting. That and this would be more streamlined and easier to use. And it won't feel as much of a chore for them since it will be ajax and the pages won't have to load/reload.

• 2 months later...

This would be awful, as a person may need room to give some background information about the post or information to support their reason for why it should be looked at.

I don't think there's a limit though. Just one ugly line to type in.

I don't think there's been a single time there needs to be more than 1 line to give background information on something. If they broke a rule, I believe the post should be reported with a 1 liner like "Flaming". And then, hopefully you have intelligent staff in place (if not this won't work then I guess you would need a huge background so your moderators can listen to what your members are demanding them to do), the staff should evaluate the staff and come up with their own decision based on what's in that thread.

I just don't see why you need more than 1 or 2 sentences to have your members tell your staff what's wrong with the thread. However, if you have members that minimod and tell your staff what to do, then I can see the need for more than 1 or 2 sentences.

If your staff isn't keeping detailed information on members in members notes, then why even have any moderators. Just have all your members run your forums. :rolleyes:

I would rather have staff that work together in cooperation with regular members of the community, and tend to their complaints in a calm, orderly, and friendly fashion than a staff that complains because members file reports that are too long and tell them what to do. ;)

Members do need more than a short line of text. It happens. There could be a cultural reference that a moderator may not know, links to something (like to fanart that someone is claiming their own), a member who know something that isn't apparent yet in posts, and many more reasons.

Anyways. cdkey, you have been set to be ignored for a few weeks now. I'm not going to "view it anyway" anymore as all you tend to do is troll. :whistle:

Right, because having a differing viewpoint, and defending my staff techniques after you attacked them in a feeble attempt to refute my viewpoint and examples is trolling. Trolling is an attempt to obtain a negative reaction. If I wanted to do that I would've said, "your ideas and opinions are terrible. If your moderators are too cocky and self absorbed to take suggestions on how to do their job from a user base which they serve then it's probably a result of your inadequate leadership ability. Blahblahblah insertpersonalattackhere insertsomethingaboutyourmotherhere somethingcompletelyirrelevanthere". Or something like that~ Case in point I'm not trolling you, I'm telling you that you're wrong. If that's trolling for you then, well, what a shame.

20 bucks says you clicked the toggle to see what I said. Guess we'll never know.

Archived