xcache is caching what?

Hello

I am using xcache and i add also the:

$INFO['use_xcache']                     =       '1';

On the config of the forum.

Does that means that it will cache other things than php requests?

And my second question is as i want to use memcache for static files and xcache for dynamic which line i must add to the forum config?

Please give me some info.

And the third question :)

Do i have to compile from easy apache update on cpanel the memcache and the memcached?

I think memcached is for php..

Memcache will work alone?

Thank you

I'm a bit curious.

Are all these optimizations going into one server? I see you posting on cpanel a lot, so I was wondering if you were building a massive server fleet.

My piece of advice. If this is all for one box, I'd step it down. I've managed sites with 1000+ online at once with nothing but a optimized apache w/ nginx. It does become overkill running all these pieces of software at once. Even if you have 16GB of RAM to handle it all, it still takes CPU cycles which still affects the system.

Yes it is for one server only but i do not use all of them :)

Some questions are to learn a few things :)

Can you please send me a pm from a forum with no more than one server and no more than 16ram that is using nginx in front of apache with more than 700 users online please to check it?

Thank you

People will assume nginx is good... It made things bad for me :P

NO IPB forum should use 16GB alone.. thats Crazy ! If I hosted someone that used that they get instantly suspended, Hense the reason IPB set a limit of 128MB ?

I have been doing work on a server from an IPS client, They are a very active community and there memory usuage is around 6.2MB and it's more or less image heavy.
( IPB 3.1.4 )

I read through your setups / posts / topics on here and cPanel.net and with all those mods no wonder it's going heavy on resources.

post the FULL output of these command's via SSH:

iostat

netstat -an | grep 80 | wc -l

I was fix my problem as i had a wrong value on nginx config.

Yes please check and tell me what you think about my I/O is it ok?

iostat:

avg-cpu:  %user   %nice %system %iowait  %steal   %idle

18.75    0.04    7.85    0.03    0.00   73.33

Device:            tps   Blk_read/s   Blk_wrtn/s   Blk_read   Blk_wrtn

sda              70.90        11.19       990.49    8844356  782716320

sda1              1.19         0.31        27.94     241858   22076848

sda2              2.54         3.69        91.25    2918652   72105224

sda3             63.75         5.59       720.77    4418028  569572800

sda4              0.00         0.00         0.00          8          0

sda5              0.00         0.00         0.00       1621          0

sda6              0.21         0.01         7.73       8130    6108256

sda7              3.22         1.59       142.81    1255619  112853192

Thank you

I/O wait time seems good but not a fan of the average CPU user.

Where is your MySql located ? Have you moved this to a partition of it's own, If not I suggest you do as WHM can be heavy on read and write with all the functions that cPanel needs so moving it to a disc whats not currently active will increase performance.

If I was you I would remove nginx and stick to apache, Use SPRI to control the processes.

not a fan of the average CPU user

What do you mean?

It is not ok?

Where is your MySql located ? Have you moved this to a partition of it's own, If not I suggest you do as WHM can be heavy on read and write with all the functions that cPanel needs so moving it to a disc whats not currently active will increase performance.

It is on the same disk with beb server files.

But i am using 4x raid 10 sas disks 15k and i was ask for a fast ssd and the datacenter told me that they have the intel that is good one but the value version and not the enterprise that is much faster but more expensive and they told me also that my raid 10 will perform better than the option to add the extra ssd intel value ....

I am not sure if it true ....

I was fix my problem no problem now but i am looking for caching statics files and i am done :)

But i have already xcache and i can't use or i don't know how to make them work together as i can add the config lines on the config.php from one of them.....

Thank you :)

Well you have a very active community with plenty of space so you should move your mysql for better performance.

I do the same on all of out boxes, Have a 15K disc just for mysql and we never see any I/O issues or such. Speeds are great to.

Archived