Apache error log report many images

Hello

On my forum v2.3 i have on Apache error logs :

Many many of them per second:

File does not exist: /home/blabla/public_html/uploads/photo-thumb-3192.jpg, referer: http://www.domain.com/index.php?showtopic=34439

A few:

Invalid method in request \x16\x03\x01

And a few also:

File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/501.shtml

Any ideas ?

I need at least a way to fix the first one as they are many per second and i never move or delete any images....

Where is showing on the forum as i think is not avatars and maybe are for profile images?

From the name photo thumb i think that the forum is resize it maybe?

Thank you

I also run Apache and check my cpanel error logs daily. The first one appears to be a valid file missing error. I check them out by going to the offending page or url. When you check pages I check using Chrome as missing images show an error box. That doesn't occur with Firefox so are harder to spot.

Those ones with lots of slashes and containing x's are hacking attempts where a hacker usually a spammer is trying an old exploit to try and post spam by bypassing having to be a member. I usually block the IP address of these ones.

The 501 error page one. You may wish to create error pages from within cpanel. This should resolve most of these.

At the end of the day if people are doing things they shouldn't or type in stuff by mistake you're going to get a few errors.

Hope this helps.

3DKiwi

Archived