Download: MaxCDN Integration Accelerator for IPB 3.1 / 3.2

mat206

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would ask them about it, I am not a shout box fan so sorry cant help

If there was only an option which allowed you to choose not to apply the CDN onto js files and just the css and templates etc in this mod because I've paid $15 and I can't use it at all until it allows me to use all my ajax mods.

What did MaxCDN tech support say ? Its not the mods fault, the mod really is an API that sends a "new re cache" I was confused also ... its a hook the rest is up to us when we decide to install.. I think you can get MaxCDN up and running fist than buy the hook ... Ask MaxCDN they say it will work ????

I really struggled on this, its really a 3 part set up ... IPB Server Hook

there are advanced setting :) in MaxCDN for problems like this, when some stuff will not work :) try playing around with the advanced stuff

What did MaxCDN tech support say ? Its not the mods fault, the mod really is an API that sends a "new re cache" I was confused also ... its a hook the rest is up to us when we decide to install.. I think you can get MaxCDN up and running fist than buy the hook ... Ask MaxCDN they say it will work ????

I really struggled on this, its really a 3 part set up ... IPB Server Hook

there are advanced setting :) in MaxCDN for problems like this, when some stuff will not work :) try playing around with the advanced stuff

It wouldn't be able to do it that often, the shoutbox is updated every 5 seconds and another one every 60 seconds. For some reason it just makes them not react as well, eg ajax fast reply doesn't let you type.

Cache can take around 3 mins to clear fully.
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Seems you all believe the plugin is working good for you?
Has anyone attempted to upload a new photo? Seems when you do, the page goes to a blank screen, instead of going back to the Profile Photo page.

Anyone have a second to do a test on their site?

Thanks,
Ken

Hey Guys,

Seems you all believe the plugin is working good for you?

Has anyone attempted to upload a new photo? Seems when you do, the page goes to a blank screen, instead of going back to the Profile Photo page.

Anyone have a second to do a test on their site?

Thanks,

Ken

I submitted a bug fix to the developer for this last month which doesn't seem to be integrated yet into a new release.

Here is what I found and would require you to edit some of the provided files before installing them.

1. In the hook xml file make the following change:

Find the following two lines:

purgeUrl($apiKey, $apiUserId, $memberData['pp_main_photo'] );

purgeUrl($apiKey, $apiUserId, $memberData['pp_thumb_photo']);

Replace those two lines with this one line instead:

purgeUrl($apiKey, $apiUserId, $memberData['pp_main_photo'], $memberData['pp_thumb_photo']);

2. Then in the file maxcdn.php replace all of the code with the following:

<?php

function purgeUrl ($apiKey, $apiUserId, $url, $url2) {

date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles');

error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE);

include( dirname( __FILE__ ) . "/xmlrpc.php" );

$cur = date('c');

$namespace = 'cache';

$method = 'purge';

$authString = hash('sha256', $cur . ':' . $apiKey . ':' . $method);

$c = new xmlrpc_client("/xmlrpc/cache", "api.netdna.com", 80, 'http11');

// this is the url to purge

$f = new xmlrpcmsg("$namespace.$method",

array(  php_xmlrpc_encode($apiUserId),

php_xmlrpc_encode($authString),

php_xmlrpc_encode($cur),

php_xmlrpc_encode($url)));

$r = &$c->send($f);

if ($url2) {

$cur = date('c');

$namespace = 'cache';

$method = 'purge';

php_xmlrpc_encode($cur),

php_xmlrpc_encode($url2)));

$r = &$c->send($f);

}

return '';

}

?>

I get the following error when trying to change my profile picture or avatar:

Warning: require(/home/teenforum.net/web/public/hooks/../interface/maxcdn/maxcdn.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/teenforum.net/web/public/hooks/usercpForms_members_maxcdn_avatar_4194141388126dd3be616ae42c2a5be2.php on line 9

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/teenforum.net/web/public/hooks/../interface/maxcdn/maxcdn.php' (include_path='.:/opt/local/lib/php:/home/teenforum.net/web/public/ips_kernel/') in/home/teenforum.net/web/public/hooks/usercpForms_members_maxcdn_avatar_4194141388126dd3be616ae42c2a5be2.php on line 9

I submitted a bug fix to the developer for this last month which doesn't seem to be integrated yet into a new release.

Here is what I found and would require you to edit some of the provided files before installing them.

1. In the hook xml file make the following change:

Find the following two lines:

purgeUrl($apiKey, $apiUserId, $memberData['pp_main_photo'] );

purgeUrl($apiKey, $apiUserId, $memberData['pp_thumb_photo']);

Replace those two lines with this one line instead:

purgeUrl($apiKey, $apiUserId, $memberData['pp_main_photo'], $memberData['pp_thumb_photo']);

2. Then in the file maxcdn.php replace all of the code with the following:

<?php

function purgeUrl ($apiKey, $apiUserId, $url, $url2) {

date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles');

error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE);

include( dirname( __FILE__ ) . "/xmlrpc.php" );

$cur = date('c');

$namespace = 'cache';

$method = 'purge';

php_xmlrpc_encode($cur),

php_xmlrpc_encode($url)));

$r = &$c->send($f);

if ($url2) {

$cur = date('c');

$namespace = 'cache';

$method = 'purge';

php_xmlrpc_encode($cur),

php_xmlrpc_encode($url2)));

$r = &$c->send($f);

}

return '';

}

?>

Fixed my problem :)
  • 3 weeks later...

Followed the guide first (its a bit confusing, but just go with it, it makes sense in the end!), then intalled using the instructions. working perfectly so far, page load speeds from USA dropped from ~7 to ~4 seconds. Huge improvement. Will see what google thinks of it in a few days.

Thanks for your work. Would be great if you could purge the cache when making skin changes though!

Tom.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Either this is updated or I want a refund, it doesn't work and the developer hasn't listened. This is a 14 day notice for the author, if there is no reply in 14 days I will claim my paypal fees back.

Was about to look at this again - should we not bother?

Would appreciate someone advising.

Thanks.

You could always change the CDN to a free one. I posted about this in a blog today, it requires no changes or add-ons to IP.Board whatsoever.

Check it out.
http://community.invisionpower.com/blog/3407/entry-6198-enhance-your-ipboard-with-a-free-cdn/

It could save you money...

Archived