Download: Display a message to your newly registered users

NenaDice

File Name: Display a message to your newly registered users
File Submitter: NenaDice
File Submitted: 20 Dec 2010
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

This hook will give you the ability to display a message at the board index to all new users after they will register at your forum. The message will be visible to them for 24 hours from the moment they register.

after you install the hook.xml file through Manage Hooks in your Admin Panel, you can configure it at the System Settings. There you will see a new setting called NenaDice. Click on it and configure the hook to your needs. There you can enable/disable the hook and enter your own message that you want to display to the new users after they register at your forum.

Now it supports bbcode as well and it will show the name of the user in the message.

A new more advanced version that will allow you to add unlimited messages and choose a time frame from each message has been released here:

Click here to download this file

Excellent hook! :thumbsup: I can now remind validating members to check their junk mail if they don't receive the validation email.

I like the way that HTML can be included too. In the next version do you think you could allow use of BB code as is included in the text edit box?

Excellent hook! :thumbsup: I can now remind validating members to check their junk mail if they don't receive the validation email.

I like the way that HTML can be included too. In the next version do you think you could allow use of BB code as is included in the text edit box?

As it happened I just updated the mod for a client of mine who asked the very same thing and uploaded the new package here as well. Now it supports bbcode and it will show the name of the user in the message.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^^^^^^yes? No? Anything?

Bueller.... Bueller... Bueller

does this work for 3.2?

and is there a way u could extend it for longer then 24 hours?

A new more advanced version that will allow you to add unlimited messages and choose a time frame from each message has been released here:

Archived