You're an idiot?

sefla

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned... Have you seen what Google pulls? Anyone ever heard of the TiSP? (http://www.google.com/tisp/) ... or for example the whole google "French Military Victories" trick... that was a developer.. Same with like Google Chrome... it does funny things like say "Oh Snap!"

Honestly I'm not sure why everyone is so concerned... Have you seen what Google pulls? Anyone ever heard of the TiSP? (http://www.google.com/tisp/) ... or for example the whole google "French Military Victories" trick... that was a developer.. Same with like Google Chrome... it does funny things like say "Oh Snap!"

He's not "complaining" / "concerned" that there was a joke. He's more concerned of the joke being insulting since it's calling him an idiot.

He's not "complaining" / "concerned" that there was a joke. He's more concerned of the joke being insulting since it's calling him an idiot.

If a person gets offended by being called an idiot.... perhaps that person needs to find the inner truth to their being offended by a software calling them an idiot.
Anyone can call me an idiot and I don't get offended. Why? I am fully aware of the fact that I am not an idiot.

"You're an idiot"

Yes, it definetelly means IPS staff think their customers are idiots. I do wonder though, why would anyone spend hours and hours trying to accomodate those "idiots", answer the support tickets, release updates and bug fixes, provide quality service? But who cares really, calling me an idiot when I make a stupid mistake in Admin CP, where only I can see the message is just..unforgivable. Switching to VBulletin now!

Good luck to you at vBulletin. At least you'll be used to being called an idiot. Us vB 4 license holders call ourselves idiots every day we consider believing the announcements that whatever bug fix, enhancement or feature will be provided soon or work as expected. :P

Good luck to you at vBulletin. At least you'll be used to being called an idiot. Us vB 4 license holders call ourselves idiots every day we consider believing the announcements that whatever bug fix, enhancement or feature will be provided soon or work as expected. :P

I think you'll find that the post you're replying to has at least a tiny bit of sarcasm and/or hyperbole in it. Nevertheless, the "you're an idiot" message will disappear in a later release.

This error message has been changed for 3.2. I'm a little surprised this topic is now at 3 pages for a language string, while topics detailing features many customers want hardly reach 4 posts at times, but that's the nature of such things I suppose. :P

The error string appears to have been added as a temporary thing that was not actually intended to be released, and just wasn't updated afterwards. Apologies for any offense anyone may have felt was conveyed, but I assure you it was not intended.

As this has been sorted, I think we can go ahead and close this now. :)

Archived