You're an idiot?

sefla

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"You're an idiot"

Yes, it definetelly means IPS staff think their customers are idiots. I do wonder though, why would anyone spend hours and hours trying to accomodate those "idiots", answer the support tickets, release updates and bug fixes, provide quality service? But who cares really, calling me an idiot when I make a stupid mistake in Admin CP, where only I can see the message is just..unforgivable. Switching to VBulletin now!

It is funny.
But also not very professional.

The word idiot is fairly insulting. You guys are making personal judgments about whether it offends you personally, which is fine. I personally am not insulted by it. (rather enjoy that kind of flip stuff coming from unexpected places) But the statement itself is fairly insulting and in business it is never a good idea to insult ones customers.

Just sayin'. I would be very surprised if that was left intentionally and didn't slip by.

If you have such a major flippin' problem about it, then just edit the dammed file and change the language string. Your taking this way to far over one tiny thing, that barely affects anyone. You seem to like making a big deal out of things just for the attention. Drop it, its 3 words, and its not doing any harm.

Again... as the OP I wasn't offended as much as didn't expect to see such an error message and thought for a moment my board may have been hacked.

Also, the error I made wasn't such an idiot mistake, like attempting to delete sytem files. It was more a haste mistake of simply clicking too fast trying to stop a spammer running amok on my Forums

A more appropriate "goof" message would have been like "Whoa there buddy", not "You're an idiot"

Hopefully IPB's "goofyness" is limited to their error messages and not other areas of the software.

Archived