Download: VigLink IP.Board Integration

Alex

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now have my viglink working, but not with this hook I am afraid.

Viglink have changed something their end and simply copying your supplied 32 digit viglink code (provided when you set up an account) into the ad integration footer box now works a treat.

If you can't find the setting just type "footer" into your ACP search box.

So nearly $200 a month for doing nothing - roll on! :thumbsup:

Note: upgrade to 3.2 might break it so don't be too hasty.

• 1 month later...

Not yet, and it's puzzling to me, I can't find the reference to viglink anywhere - it must be buried in the core code somewhere now.

I can confirm that the plugin doesn't uninstall properly. It would be nice if the plugin developer could tell us how to remove this plugin.

And I was able to uninstall it just fine too. I don't see anywhere where it's calling viglink anymore on my site. The hook creates two files, one in the Admin CP to display the box on the dashboard, and one on the public side to add a bit of javascript to the page. Uninstalling this hook, like the uninstallation of every IP.Board hook, will remove those files, and thus remove any action they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have installed, but how can I tell if it's working? I don't see any changes in posts, but I assume it would have to be a post that included something that could be turned into an affiliate link. How can I test if it's working? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Is there any difference if we just cut and paste our viglink code into body of globalTemplate?

That's what I did and VigLink works perfectly.

Also, I asked VL tech, and they said that your comissiion will not be lower if VL is installed with IP's hook. (Although I'm not sure how they "know" that.)
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived