Feedback/Needed improvments css/skins

Rhett

After skinning a few of my sites I have found a few things that have really upset me.

1. There is no search and find in the CSS editor, this is a must have when you have css files with as many lines as IPB does.

2. When setting up a css file, you should have all attributes for that element in one position within the css file.

An example of this is have this one line 925

.moderation_bar {background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #E3F0FF;}

And then also having this on line 2500

border: #000000; ;}

.moderation_bar {

There are several times when either the original coder either forgot where his or her code was in the css file or was just lazy and didn't keep all of the element options together.

Again, if there was a search feature in the css editor it would not be as big of an issue, but since there isn't one, it's a pain.

After skinning a few of my sites I have found a few things that have really upset me.

1. There is no search and find in the CSS editor, this is a must have when you have css files with as many lines as IPB does.

2. When setting up a css file, you should have all attributes for that element in one position within the css file.

An example of this is have this one line 925

.moderation_bar {background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #E3F0FF;}

And then also having this on line 2500

.moderation_bar {

border: #000000;

;}

There are several times when either the original coder either forgot where his or her code was in the css file or was just lazy and didn't keep all of the element options together.

Again, if there was a search feature in the css editor it would not be as big of an issue, but since there isn't one, it's a pain.

Although it could be cleaner, copy and paste into an actual design application would easily work around this

Basically you can do just copy and paste it into something like dreamweaver but I do agree on all the attributes in the same place instead of being scattered. Also every browser comes with a search feature, just hit ctrl+f or the ctrl equivalent for macs and your browsers search feature will pop up.

Archived