Download: [mm31] Staff Online Sidebar Block

Mod-Mall.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Are you using the latest version of the mod? It's possible that some older versions had the text hard-coded rather than as a phrase.

I've just installed the latest version to double check and the phrase should definitely be included.

May be worth removing and reinstalling it to see if that fixes things.

Is there a way this lil box can be placed on another area for the forum?

I'm afraid not. You can change the position it is displayed in the sidebar by moving it up/down the list in ACP -> Manage Hooks but it will only display in the forum home sidebar.
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there anyway to have add another option. The option would be to show either a) the title or b) their group

Having the option would be great as a personal preference, as i think having "staff/admin" and "moderators" to look nicer :) And to have any future mods/staff i get to add that to stop using a title so it looks neater, is taking away something they might like to use for something else

• 1 month later...

I really need help uninstalling this mod. I installed this mod but now i want to uninstall it. When i disable or uninstall the hook, the staff online sidebar block does not disappear on my main board. I tried everything from disabling it, uninstalling the hook and recaching my skins. Nothing works. Could someone teach me how to get rid of this hook from my skins permanently? Whatever i do it still shows up on my sidebar. Thank You

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately I have no plans to update this, or any of my mods, to 3.2. If anyone wishes to update and re-release them under their own name they have my full permission [img]

[/img]

I have updated this and I will re-release it. I've stated you were the original coder and I will be keeping it as a free modification. This will be the first time I've uploaded a hook, so lets hope it goes well!

I tried to upload it as a new Hook but community.invisionpower.com keeps going up and down like a yo-yo, and I've been trying for well over an hour now. I found that there is only 1 LINE that needs changing. Download this mod and edit this line:

$r['member_name'] = IPSLib::makeNameFormatted($r['member_name'], $r['member_group']);[/CODE]

Replace with:

[CODE]$r['member_name'] = IPSMember::makeNameFormatted($r['member_name'], $r['member_group']);

Simple as that. It works for me now.

[s]I have updated this and I will re-release it. I've stated you were the original coder and I will be keeping it as a free modification. This will be the first time I've uploaded a hook, so lets hope it goes well![/s]

I tried to upload it as a new Hook but community.invisionpower.com keeps going up and down like a yo-yo, and I've been trying for well over an hour now. I found that there is only 1 LINE that needs changing. Download this mod and edit this line:

$r['member_name'] = IPSLib::makeNameFormatted($r['member_name'], $r['member_group']);[/CODE]

Replace with:

[CODE]$r['member_name'] = IPSMember::makeNameFormatted($r['member_name'], $r['member_group']);

Simple as that. It works for me now.

Thanks so much!!!

Hi Niko I've taken over the support and development of this modification, so is it okay if I upload the fixed xml

Oh of course! Please, be my guest. Thanks for asking by the way. %7Boption%7D
I just posted that as a sort of quick fix, for while the project(s) were being handed over, as I know it can take time to update them to the 3.2 engine. It was my first time doing something like that, and I actually feel like I acomplished something today. So thank you. YMMD

Released for 3.2
http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/4458-mm32-staff-online-in-sidebar/ (once it's approved)

Hope you guys like it, there were a few more modifications than the line above...

• SEOed the code, now uses alt and title tags properly
  • Uses the 3.2 sidebar classes (so it looks like a 3.2 sidebar)
  • Uses 3.2 user hover

Let me know what you think in the new user reviews section they have (below the mod)

Has it had the fix that prevented repeat staff from appearing in the list?

Example: If you have multiple tabs open on the same site that you're staff on, and open the browser, you appear on the list the same number of times as there are tabs open to the site?

Or did no one know about this bug?

Example: If you have multiple tabs open on the same site that you're staff on, and open the browser, you appear on the list the same number of times as there are tabs open to the site?

Or did no one know about this bug?

Didnt know about this.... will test and bugfix
  • 2 months later...

I noticed some of my staff had this happen to them. I didn't know why it was happening so thank you! and yes, I have the same error. Also, the latest version seems to have broken my site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method IPSLib::makeNameFormatted() in /home/XXXXX/public_html/forum/hooks/staffOnlineSidebarBlock_312f198cc43b7baa994a7878fcb1a67e.php on line 110

Archived