Blackberry app

shyonne2004

An official Andriod-IPB app is in the works:

[url="

[/url]

A 3rd party one can be found here:

[url="http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/306154-download-iphone-android-blackberry-nokia-app-for-ipboard-tapatalk/"]http://community.inv...board-tapatalk/[/url]

I think the issue here is, that IPS has again favored Apple products, and is also bringing services to the Andriod will utterly ignoring the RIM platform... Frankly? Its a bit of a slap in the face since IPS is essentially saying these are our favorite platforms.. they get our love, no one else.

I think the issue here is, that IPS has again favored Apple products, and is also bringing services to the Andriod will utterly ignoring the RIM platform... Frankly? Its a bit of a slap in the face since IPS is essentially saying these are our favorite platforms.. they get our love, no one else.

Part of it has to do with market share and the ease of building to the platform. Remember, we make forum software - Not Andriod apps.

Part of it has to do with market share and the ease of building to the platform. Remember, we make forum software - Not Andriod apps.

Last time I checked, RIM still has a large share in the Smart Phone industry... Your right, you do make forum software.. that did not stop you from making an iPhone/iPad app (when many of the IPS staff who post here make it clear they favor the Apple Platform) and it's not stopping you
from making an Andriod application.. But this some how stops you from making an application for RIM.

Sorry, but there's obvious favoritism going on in the decision.. Especially since all requests regarding this pretty much have been shut down because no one at IPS can seem to be bothered with it because its "to hard"

Last time I checked, RIM still has a large share in the Smart Phone industry... Your right, you do make forum software.. that did not stop you from making an iPhone/iPad app (when many of the IPS staff who post here make it clear they favor the Apple Platform) and it's not stopping you

from making an Andriod application.. But this some how stops you from making an application for RIM.

Sorry, but there's obvious favoritism going on in the decision.. Especially since all requests regarding this pretty much have been shut down because no one at IPS can seem to be bothered with it because its "to hard"

Just so you know, there is a 3rd party app out there that works on blackberries. Remember, the iPhone app is a free service that we provide, so we obviously need to prioritize toward improving our current services before we take on new ones.

We aren't "favoriting" a platform because we like it more - we favor it because it has the most benefit.

Remember it's also difficult to test things like this, we aren't talking about the smart phone market share, but users of smart phones who also own an IPB forum. :thumbsup:

I'm sure Matt or someone else can get back to you on the status of the apps, as I am not aware of them, but to the best of my knowledge IPS is working on filling other major smart phones.

PS: I don't own a blackberry, or an andriod, or an iSomething. So I'm more out of luck than you guys are. :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that making phone applications actually costs us money, and we do not charge or make money out of it.

We had the capability to produce an iPhone application because we had a developer available familiar with the platform. Nobody here is/was familiar with other phone platforms, meaning we have to learn the language/environment from scratch. An Android application is in the works, however a Blackberry application would be third on the list, and we do not have a time frame or definitive answer as to whether one will be released.

By all means, if you wish to develop a Blackberry app and turn it over to us so that we could finish it off for release, let me know. :)

I personally feel the app should be left for third-party developers to fill the gap, where forum system providers focus on making great forum software with good mobile skin support (which IPS's great on it).

Of course I am biased (as I am part of the Tapatalk team), but having developed app for multi-platforms it is not something a "spare developer" who "happen to have knowledge about iPhone development" can take on in long term basis.. But still kudo to IPS folks to make the app free to their users.

Our BlackBerry app works with IPB, and is free (during beta). And if you aware the WebOS and Windows Phone 7 client are also at work, by other third party developers since we have opened up the API..

Shameless plugs... :)

Archived