Convert from vB3.8.x - password issues

Clickfinity

When I did a test conversion from vB3.8.4 to IPB 3.1 the passwords all appeared to get corrupted.

Is this a converter issue and has it been fixed?

I'm within weeks of moving our site over from vB and wanted some reassurance that my members will just be able to login using their usual password without having to request a reset.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

You should submit a ticket. We are not aware of issues converting passwords from vb to my knowledge.

Well I've seen a number of posts about the issue and experienced it myself and I was just trying to pre-empt having to put in a ticket on the basis that when I do the site transfer it'll be daytime here in the UK but night-time for most of the IPS support team?

I suppose the best thing to do is just go ahead and see what happens ... :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Well I've seen a number of posts about the issue and experienced it myself and I was just trying to pre-empt having to put in a ticket on the basis that when I do the site transfer it'll be daytime here in the UK but night-time for most of the IPS support team?

I suppose the best thing to do is just go ahead and see what happens ... :thumbsup:

Cheers,

IPS have a number of UK based support and conversions staff :thumbsup:

I've not seen a "number of topics" about this. We have many many conversions from vbulletin users, so our vbulletin converter is probably one of the best tested. Naturally, if there were problems converting passwords that's one of the top items our conversions team would have to address.

If you have problems converting from vbulletin with passwords I urge you to contact the converters team so they can investigate. Contacting them after the fact may be too late. If it's a bug in the actual conversion routine itself, they'd simply have to wipe your conversion and have you restart anyways.

I think it is possibly related to the "Converter" login method. I disabled it after the conversion, but I suspect it needs to remain enabled to allow your converted vB users to login.

I've mentioned this in a similar thread discussing passwords not working after conversion - it could be that this is the nub of the problem and several of us are turning this option off without understanding the impact of it.

Thanks for the reply though and I will contact support if it becomes and issue when I convert proper next week.

Cheers,

Archived