Time announcements

PSXHosting Ltd.

Very good idea!

And Brandon - please use a dateformat from the global date format settings (maybe Alternate Short Date Method)... :wub:

I can't - dates in chat are formatted via javascript, not PHP, and there isn't a direct date formatting correlation that allows me to easily use the ACP configuration.

I'm curious why you need to format the time? It makes sense to be able to control formatting once you through the date into the mix, but chat ONLY shows the time, and you already have the option to show 12 hour or 24 hour format. Really......how else can you even format a time? :unsure:

Yep, or offer Timestamps like mIRC has, every message has a timestamp based on the board timezone. So the time is shown before the nick like this:

23:00 User1: "message here"

23:01 User2: "another message"

etc...

I just came into the format to request this feature. I have a lot of people that have to jump AFK while in chat and they like being able to get a sense of things when they come back.

Great product overall though!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to be able to have the option to enable a timestamp per message, with it being either HH:MM or HH:MM:SS (basically, off, on, on with seconds). The format would be controlled by the the 12/24 option. I'm especially interested in it showing on the members end, instead of having to wait for someone else to talk to see the time.

Perhaps a user option to see time stamps, which would show the times based on their computers clock? That wouldn't require an update from the chat server at all.

• 10 months later...

In order to get access to the customer-only areas of the board, you need to login with the same email address and password you use for your client area. If you are still having trouble, please open a ticket in your client area so our Account Assistance department can look into the problem for you.

Archived