ability to update notifications for a user

.Ian

Hi,

Today one of our members decided to report as spam an email from us advising them of a status update.

This happens a bit on AOL, as rather than logging in and updating their preferences they decide to mark as spam.

Having gone into his profile via the ACP I can see no way to turn off his ability to get notifications via email. There is the old option to stop emails from admin, but I am guessing this is not connected, or shouldn't be as these are not really related.

We do seem to be rather limited making changes to users from the ACP and should really have control over all settings that a user can make.

For now I have changed his email, which will mean he will also not get admin emails etc.

Thanks.

Yes, I added this ability yesterday.

Note - you said "all user options should be editable in ACP", and nearly all are. Anytime even 1 is missing, we get a topic like this making it seem like there's hundreds of user-configurable options you don't have access to, when the reality is, there's really very very few. ;) This was one of them, and primarily simply because it was a brand new feature it just hadn't made it's way there yet. It will be editable via ACP for each user in 3.1.1 however.

Yes, I added this ability yesterday.

Note - you said "all user options should be editable in ACP", and nearly all are. Anytime even 1 is missing, we get a topic like this making it seem like there's hundreds of user-configurable options you don't have access to, when the reality is, there's really very very few. ;) This was one of them, and primarily simply because it was a brand new feature it just hadn't made it's way there yet. It will be editable via ACP for each user in 3.1.1 however.

Thanks Brandon. Will there be a setting to do this en masse? Forums with many users need it.

Archived