What can be improve from 3.1?

Eduardo Bautista

Of course just because items exist within a package, it does not mean you have to use them.

The adverts system in one example - many sites will not use it, but it is there if you wish to.

The art of being an admin is knowing when to use features to your advantage and when to not use them.

errr... they do...

Was that just added because yesterday it was still not showing a link to the status.
My last notification contained this.

Morrigan has made a reply to their status

======================================================================

Haha. No really my thing but that is hilarious!

======================================================================

See no link to the profile.

A lot of us have been asking for better control over attachments especially image attachments. I want to allow zips up to 2mb, jpegs, png's up to 400kb and specify a maximum resolution but I can't. All I can control is what file extension can be uploaded and what the maximum file size is.

The gallery still needs some work as well.

3DKiwi

Agreed! Also the ability to share attachments across other topics and other applications rather than having to re-upload them.

Was that just added because yesterday it was still not showing a link to the status.

My last notification contained this.

See no link to the profile.

if you click on 'status' it takes you to their status I believe.

AdminCP--

• Ability to search within a template when it is selected to view
  • Ability to save historical versions of templates
  • Ability to compare versions of current/older templates side by side.

1) CTRL F is your friend
2) Notepad is your friend
3) Notepad or Dreamweaver (or another web application)

In regards to the entire link in email, from a Spam standards perspective it's better for them to have the notifications panel link being that once a user log's into the site it will show them the notifications anyway + it puts the context of the alert in the PM (in most cases)

I think things still need to be arranged in a better way. 3.x is less confusing to new members than 2.x in my opinion, but still there is confusion whee to go to do various things.

I agree social groups would be bloat as default. This and VB are already feeling a bit bloated as it is. I'm thinking of new apps to make, but not so sure I want to make that as an app at this point.

1) CTRL F is your friend

2) Notepad is your friend

3) Notepad or Dreamweaver (or another web application)

Yes they are, and IPB would be even friendlier with my suggestions. But if you are happy doing it the harder way, it's cool by me.

Archived