Download: Bouncy Mail

AnthonyKinson

File Name: Bouncy Mail
File Submitter: AnthonyKinson
File Submitted: 15 May 2010
File Updated: 17 Dec 2010
File Category: Applications

ATTENTION: This is a BETA application and is not suitable for installation on live boards or websites. The purpose of this release is for bug tracking and feedback on the system before the final version is released. Installing this application on your live board is done so at your own risk and support is very limited.

Description: Bouncy Mail allows forum owners to provide a full featured email system to its members. With Bouncy mail your members will be able to register email addresses using any domains names or sub-domains you specify and send and recieve emails just like any other email account.

Bouncy Mail works in a very similar way to email services such as Hotmail and G-Mail.

For more information on this application and to read development progress please read this topic.

Requirements:

• Ability to send unrouted email to a pipe or catch-all account (if you use cPanel you should be fine)

Installation:
Special attention has been made to make installation as simple as possible. As such, there are no file edits and installation cosists of just uploading the files and clicking the install link from the Admin CP. Some configuration is required to pipe emails to Bouncy Mail and instructions are provided in the download.

Please read the included install instructions carefully.

Click here to download this file
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Support from JustHost came back.

If you are hosted by JustHost, your hosting does not meet this req:

Requirements:
Ability to PIPE unrouted Mail (if you use cPanel you should be fine)

Justhost uses a special version of cPanel thats been edited.
The setting is removed because they have too many customers.

Dam.

Hey Agian,

Just having some problems with the PIPE setup.

I dont have "Deafult Address" in my cPanel.

Plus JustHost support is not helping.

Could you help me out and point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

You could try Account level Filtering using settings similar to my screenshot, i've not tested but this would pipe ALL email on that domain, so if you have emails setup in cpanel, mail would possibly skip your inbox and go straight to Bouncy Mail.

test some filters and see what what results you get.

%7Boption%7D

not sure what postfix is, the general idea is that all unrouted mail is PIPED to the post_office.php file. google search might be able to point you in the right direction for PIPE email in other control panels.

Not everyone uses control panels ;)

Postfix is another alternative to Exim MTA.

Alex: http://www.postfix.org/pipe.8.html

Anthony, is 1.0.0 Beta 1 available at your site, I'm locked out of downloading anything from IPS resources because I can't afford to renew my license at the time. I wish IPS Resources was more like Vb.org, as long as you were a customer at one time and are the still current owner regardless of whether or not you have an active license, you can still access resources and download mods/themes.

Not everyone uses control panels ;)

Postfix is another alternative to Exim MTA.

Alex: http://www.postfix.org/pipe.8.html

ahh right cool.

Anthony, is 1.0.0 Beta 1 available at your site, I'm locked out of downloading anything from IPS resources because I can't afford to renew my license at the time. I wish IPS Resources was more like Vb.org, as long as you were a customer at one time and are the still current owner regardless of whether or not you have an active license, you can still access resources and download mods/themes.

says your an active customer... anyways i will put it up in the official testers section shortly

pipe to |/home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/post_office.php

generated by webmaster@thewebmasterzone.com

local delivery failed

Stupid. Thats where the post_office.php is located.
Could anyone help me on JustHost hosting?

make sure post_office.php is Executable chmod perms of 744 for example.

Ok, permissions where fixed.
Now a different error agian is getting to my inbox:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/post_office.php

generated by webmaster@thewebmasterzone.com ------

Error in argument 1, char 3: option not found 

Usage: php [-q] [-h] [-s] [-v] [-i] [-f <file>]

php <file> [args...]

-a               Run interactively

-C               Do not chdir to the script's directory

-c <path>|<file> Look for php.ini file in this directory

-n               No php.ini file will be used

-d foo[=bar]     Define INI entry foo with value 'bar'

-e               Generate extended information for debugger/profiler

-f <file>        Parse <file>.  Implies `-q'

-h               This help

-i               PHP information

-l               Syntax check only (lint)

-m               Show compiled in modules

-q               Quiet-mode.  Suppress HTTP Header output.

-s               Display colour syntax highlighted source.

-v               Version number

-w               Display source with stripped comments and whitespace.

-z <file>        Load Zend extension <file>.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

------ The body of the message is 171097 characters long; only the first

------ 106496 or so are included here.

Thanks

ok at my PC now...

so the hash bang at the top of post office is set to

#!/usr/bin/php -q

but it looks like yoru host has there server setup differently.

you could try one of the following hashbangs at the top of the post_office.php file

#!/usr/local/bin/php -q

if that fails try

#!/usr/bin/php-cli

also if you have a local php.ini file (not using the global servers file) then you may need to point the hashbang at yoru local php.ini

#!/usr/bin/php-cli -c /home/you/

with the above change /home/you/ to the full path of your php.ini file

and finally, you may want to check your php info.

If you go into your forums ACP, hit the support tab then click the PHP INFO link next to PHP version you should then see your php build info.

Under: Apache Environment
Find: PATH

you should see something similar to

/sbin
:/usr/sbin
:/bin
:/usr/bin

this is one of the problems with hosts and custom server builds, you could try asking your host what the correct hasbang would be to use they maybe able to tell you straight away.

oh yes and when your changing the hashbang, make sure there is absolutly no white spaces at the start of it.

says your an active customer... anyways i will put it up in the official testers section shortly

It twas my IP.Board support license and licenses for a couple addons that expired, I still have an active license for one addon as far as I know.

Thanks, it would be appreciated. I've been meaning to give IP.Mail a try since I moved to a VPS but I've been busy with some things and finally have the time to try it out.

Wow I never knew this many things can go wrong.
Here is a new error after this fix:

#!/usr/bin/php-cli -c /home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/php.ini

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

local delivery failed

Warning: require_once(../initdata.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/post_office.php on line 27

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../initdata.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/post_office.php on line 27

JustHost support *helped me* for 30 minutes.
I am sorry for all these problems, I have been looking forward to this app since I bought IPB.

Thanks alot!

It twas my IP.Board support license and licenses for a couple addons that expired, I still have an active license for one addon as far as I know.

Thanks, it would be appreciated. I've been meaning to give IP.Mail a try since I moved to a VPS but I've been busy with some things and finally have the time to try it out.

well its now on my Dev board, i've updated the original topic with latest build in the IP.Mail section ;)

be quick though i'm just about to run the upgrader to upgrade my dev board to 3.1.0 :P

Wow I never knew this many things can go wrong.

Here is a new error after this fix:

#!/usr/bin/php-cli -c /home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/php.ini

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

local delivery failed

Warning: require_once(../initdata.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/post_office.php on line 27

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '../initdata.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/post_office.php on line 27

JustHost support *helped me* for 30 minutes.
I am sorry for all these problems, I have been looking forward to this app since I bought IPB.

Thanks alot!

no problem, most people will be able to run it straight out the box so to speak, but some hosts will have things setup a little different.

Ok so the problem now is that its not finding initdata.php, first of all confirm that initdata.php is in the same directory as post_office.php

if it is, open up post_office.php try changing the following

{ require_once( './initdata.php' ); } else { require_once( '../initdata.php' ); }

if ( file_exists( './initdata.php' ) )

change to

{ require_once( './initdata.php' ); } else { require_once( '/home/thewebm2/public_html/forums/initdata.php' ); }

if ( file_exists( './initdata.php' ) )

because your hashbang is using the command line interface now and a full path is being specified to the php.ini it maybe that its looking for initdata.php relative to the php.ini so a full path to it maybe required.

Luckily, when you find out the paths and everything your host has setup, this will literally take you 2 minutes to do in the future, its just a pain getting it right to begin with :lol:

Archived