Paid subscriptions - Mark as inactive

7SiN

It would be nice if we could have an option to make certain packages inactive but allow those that are in that package to still use it until it expires. Reason being is, I want to remove 1 or 2 packages I've been offering, but I can't remove it without it having an affect on the users that are currently in the package.

So in other words, it would be nice to be able to hide some packages from being bought.

I am using paypal for selling subscriptions, if it were me I would change the description of what was for sale such as:
"XYZ package $12/year" to "OBSOLETE DO NOT BUY (was XYZ package)", possibly raise the price to something out of the ordinary, or make is $1 (paypal does not allow for $0 items). If any sales came in even thought the description said 'obsolete' refund the $ through pay pal.

Of course I would look into removing the purchase button completely.

All of that is based on the non-IPS forum software we are currently using, if it does not apply I apologize in advance.

It would just be nice if IPS would add the function to mark as inactive like I had for vBulletin. I know they are 2 different softwares, but if it makes things easier for the person that purchased the software, why not? I don't see it to be an obsolete feature if you use paid subscriptions.

Archived