What forum to ask questions?

Abomination

Just FYI for anyone who might stumble across this topic, the issue was due to creating a skin image folder with spaces in the folder name, the CSS file won't be able to load images that way. Not necessarily an issue with the Skin Generator.

• 3 weeks later...

More questions!

In picture #1 of post #3 I specified red and the generator came up with the pink. In the future will it be possible to specify the 2 colors separately?

The Skin generator service blog states that when IP.Board 3.1 is released the skin generator will be updated. Anyway to get a vague idea the time lag between the 2 events? A few weeks? months? after release? :unsure:

I've kicked around some ideas about how to make a more advanced version of this that would let you choose a lot of different colors, but that usually ends up with me having to create like 50 some different color pickers to let you style everything. While I'm sure some might love that, it would probably be overwhelming for other folks. I'm still trying to find the best of both worlds solution for that.

As far as when it's to be released, I do have a lot of the next version of this tool complete right now, but I have some features I'm trying to get the kinks worked out on before I put it out there for everyone. Me making updates to this doesn't actually have to be based too much on our other product releases, as I can simply add those new products/versions into the system by just updating an XML file.

If you are looking for general input from a noob, it seems most skins have a 2 color scheme, so maybe the next step is specifying a 2 color overall theme? Actually you already have a 2 color overall theme. But the secondary color is for a tiny strip and forum tabs at the top, while leaving a large part of the skin color, dependent on what the primary color is. So maybe a 3 color setup?

I completely understand that this project could get out of hand in a hurry!

I will continue to hunt & peck searching for the pink colors with the current version that was generated, and hopefully based on what I understand that can be used for 3.1.0 fairly easily.

You enthusiasm for this project and IPB overall is quite infectious Michael! :thumbsup:

This is really odd.

This thread was started in the Skin generator forum, asking questions about the skin generator. Did I start the thread in the wrong forum?

:unsure:

Ahh... it seems the skin generator forum was removed. Curious why there was not another skin generator forum made in another area? It seems to be a separate topic.

Archived