Locking Reputation

wepfijweoifj

Following up on this, shouldn't reputation be locked to prevent further reputation if a topic gets locked?

In a personal experience, I locked a topic because it became too out of control, but the out of control person kept loosing reputation. This was behind all of us, but whenever someone found it they lost rep. Topics locked should be exactly the same as they were when they were first locked, period.

I personally think the (+) and (-) buttons should just be greyed out in a locked topic. Following up on that, maybe it would be cool to grey out the (+) and (-) buttons on any posts you cannot edit, such as your own. Only if the (-) is disabled board-globally should it disappear...

Is it just me? :P
Would you guys like to see this?

I think this has been discussed before (and this is particularly important to note for forums that utilize tasks to lock old topics) if you post something and it is relevant, good, answers your question or is just plain awesome someone has the opportunity to still rep you because you helped them. Even if the topic is closed this shouldn't prevent someone from repping a good or bad post.

Now that being said maybe there should be a setting? Or maybe locked topics can't be neg repped? I could see this as important for trolling as someone might find someone they don't like and troll old posts by them and neg rep them just for giggles but the new "Show rep" feature would help with finding these trolls and fixing the problem.

Options are always nice to have.

I would like the option of having a $1 million.

I disagree with the sentiment (I think reputation is still valid in a locked topic) however adding a setting isn't a bad idea.

Just making sure, they want it to be a per-case option, not one or the other, board wide. :)

I would like the option of having a $1 million.

Just making sure, they want it to be a per-case option, not one or the other, board wide. :)

I really doubt we would make it a per topic option. If we were to do this, I would guess it would be a group level option along the lines of "Allow group to give rep in locked topics".

Archived