Force edited by note after X mins?

Razasharp

Is this an ACP option? If not please consider adding it.

I think most users would opt _not_ to tick the box in the current set-up, but this is a pain for everyone else. I would much prefer an Admin ACP option where we can set it to around 5 minutes or so.

Is this an ACP option? If not please consider adding it.

I think most users would opt _not_ to tick the box in the current set-up, but this is a pain for everyone else. I would much prefer an Admin ACP option where we can set it to around 5 minutes or so.

You mean like on vB, where a grace period can be set up so that if someone submits a post, they have (3, 5, 10, 1440, etc) minutes to make an edit with the "Edit by" being optional, but after that time, the "Edit by" is automatically applied.

I've asked for this before and feel it's a good feature to have because you can allow members to make edits within a few minutes of a post to make little tweaks (typos, grammar, etc) and still have the content appear as original. I would like this to be a per-group setting.

Not after a certain amount of time but if you post in the Peer to Peer forum I would be happy to show you how to make sure that it shows up for edited posts. ^_^

Thanks Morrigan, but I don't want to force it without giving the members a grace period. I am a member of a forum where that happens and I hate it sooooooooooo much :lol: I am a serial editor as I always rush my first post and that grace period is very welcome :)

You mean like on vB, where a grace period can be set up so that if someone submits a post, they have (3, 5, 10, 1440, etc) minutes to make an edit with the "Edit by" being optional, but after that time, the "Edit by" is automatically applied.

I've asked for this before and feel it's a good feature to have because you can allow members to make edits within a few minutes of a post to make little tweaks (typos, grammar, etc) and still have the content appear as original. I would like this to be a per-group setting.

Yep - it's a fantastic feature which makes using such boards a pleasure :)

• 4 weeks later...

post-76144-078717200 1271022823_thumb.pn

That already exists on a "by usergroup basis".

Yeah I agree this feature already exists and I have already implemented this on my board "www.letsgobasketball.com". On my site I have set a grace period time of 5 minutes for people in member group while Super Mods and Admins can edit any post any time and also bypass the line" Edit by....". Its already there in ACP per user group basis and If you couldn't locate on your own then I am willing to help you further on this. :)

I've found the function, but not the grace period. Any help is welcome!

The only grace period is for how long a member of that group may edit their post. After that amount of time, they lose the ability to edit their post anymore.

The request is to have another grace period, for how long someone may edit their post without having the "edited by" line added on. After that amount of time, that line would be added on even if they chose not to have it.

Archived