Suggestion: Attached Image Pixel Resizer

WezXL

Attached Files in Posts.

To have a feature that will resize attached images. (pixel resizing)

We can adjust the attached file size, default is 2M, but have no way to adjust an image pixel size.
Currently, members can upload attached images in huge pixel size, and in most cases when these images are viewed you can only see a quarter of it on the screen.

A Data file will only ever be the size it is, but an image file can be huge for 2M. Some members just look at the upload limit of 2M, but fail to realise the image could be 3000x2304 pixels in size. And its simply stupid trying to view images of this size on a computer screen.

If possible, an attached image pixel resizer would be a great addition to a future update.

Cheers :)

No. The new member means image attachments uploaded using the attachment system.

Currently there is no way to prevent your members posting huge images using the attachment system. IPS seem reluctant to add this functionality despite people asking for it. I've been asking for it for years.

[url=" more requests for it in another thread today.

3DKiwi

Agreed and image handling all around is IPS's weakest link. How about a way to upload photos to the gallery while posting, so that embedding gallery images within a post can be done in one step rather than several? Posting images has become quite a frustration for my users and hence me.

Agreed and image handling all around is IPS's weakest link. How about a way to upload photos to the gallery while posting, so that embedding gallery images within a post can be done in one step rather than several? Posting images has become quite a frustration for my users and hence me.

I do wish that was easier. I like project images in the gallery as I think it makes for a better presentation on our site but using the gallery and switching windows and all the copying and pasting gets frustrating if there is alot of pictures involved.

No. The new member means image attachments uploaded using the attachment system.

Currently there is no way to prevent your members posting huge images using the attachment system. IPS seem reluctant to add this functionality despite people asking for it. I've been asking for it for years.

[url="

more requests for it in another thread today.[/url]

3DKiwi

Oh ha, you are quoting me :) Yeah I haven't seen anything announced about 3.1 that addresses the major shortcomings of this software - search and photo management (and tags really). Which is too bad because if those 3 things were sorted this suite would be light years ahead of the competition.

Hello Poser,
I totally agree with you. I really can't understand why there's not the possibility to choose to automatically resize a pic (in weight).

When a user posts a pic of 1000Kb it should be resized to a numer of Kb that we decide true the ACP!

We can decide, for example, to reduce all the pic to a low quality, medium quality, high quality or maximum quality.

;)

Archived