Xen vs OpenVZ

Which one should I go with and why? Is Xen more better then OpenVZ or vice versa? I am new to the VPS hosting and need some help in selecting xen or openvz.

We have forums with like 100K post and avg 20 users browsing forums at any given time. What is the min amount of RAM I should look for?

Thank you.

go for XEN because "it is impossible to oversell"

Thank you. Also, how much RAM will i need to host my forums? Most of them have option from 128 to 2Gb RAM. Which would should I choose?

Also, how CPU utilization works on VPS? I saw it on one host saying "(approx 600Mhz guaranteed)". Is that good enough or thats very low?

Thank you. Also, how much RAM will i need to host my forums? Most of them have option from 128 to 2Gb RAM. Which would should I choose?

Also, how CPU utilization works on VPS? I saw it on one host saying "(approx 600Mhz guaranteed)". Is that good enough or thats very low?

it depends on the size of your DB and how active is your forum. I don't think that there is a magic formula that you can plug the number to and it would give you all the info you want.

my advice is to ask others who have comparable forum size about that.

I have around avg 30-40 users in 15 mins span all the time and have 90Mb DB size at present.

Are you planning on using a lot of modifications or Script heavy elements? I've run a 320MB MySQL database with 3.9GB of data forums with php 5.1.12 and MySQL5 with Apache 2.2 on a 384MB VM with 500Mhz.. Just will start to bog down heavily, if you get hit with Search Engines

Personally, I dislike Xen (since Citrix Purchased it...)

Archived