REQ: Pin posts within a topic

Wolfie

Here is a quote of mine from another thread where the admin wants to be able to move posts around within a topic...

Just make a request to be able to pin posts of a topic so they appear at the start of the topic, much like pinning topics in a forum displays them at the top of the forum.

Would actually be a very good feature, as support forums could have the initial post pinned and then the 'accepted solution' pinned right under it, so that someone doesn't have to read the entire topic to find the final answer (especially if there are more posts after it). Could be set to show pinned posts first then the topic per normal, so you see the good stuff up front followed by the entire thread.

Look at a Microsoft site:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7desktop/thread/aa760f0f-eec1-4a36-b212-c96130038d5c

Something like that could be useful, especially if you can pin multiple posts to appear at the start of the topic and then have the topic display per usual. Admin selectable during pinning to have pinned posts showing before or after the first post of the thread.

• 1 month later...

I think that could be pretty confusing, I mean you expect the oldest posts to be first, if you add a pin post feature then you're not going to have the posts in the order you'd expect and things could get pretty confusing.

I do think there should be a "Pin posts with more than x neg-rep" feature though, that way we can see all the bad posts in a thread and laugh at them and neg-rep them even more. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, I'd vote for pinning of certain posts. Sometimes I need to change the 1st post (put my own on top), but it's not possible to do in 3.x.

The idea I had would be to allow replies to get shown up front, with the rest of the entire topic shown after the pinned posts. Not to come before the first post. Just thought I'd mention that.

The idea I had would be to allow replies to get shown up front, with the rest of the entire topic shown after the pinned posts. Not to come before the first post. Just thought I'd mention that.

To clarify what I meant by this.. When I originally had the idea, it was that. But obviously, the ability to pin before the first post is good too.

Archived