Poor Hosting uptime

Gaffney

I moved to IPB in the hope of a stable, fast host with good support.

But only on the second day of hosting the site has been down for around 3-4 hours overall. This isn't good enough the users demand 24/7 uptime.

I seen there were some issues with the chat etc for the first time but what about now ? Are you's updating the servers during the night which benefits American users but people in Europe are stuck with a timed out page.

My forum this week has now been down with the last host for around 40 hours, I just hope these 1 hour downtimes don't keep repeating themselves.

All I want is a reason, server issues, upgrading, maintenance...

I moved to IPB in the hope of a stable, fast host with good support.

But only on the second day of hosting the site has been down for around 3-4 hours overall. This isn't good enough the users demand 24/7 uptime.

I seen there were some issues with the chat etc for the first time but what about now ? Are you's updating the servers during the night which benefits American users but people in Europe are stuck with a timed out page.

My forum this week has now been down with the last host for around 40 hours, I just hope these 1 hour downtimes don't keep repeating themselves.

All I want is a reason, server issues, upgrading, maintenance...

I can say that in over 2 years of IPS hosting my site its only been offline once for around about an hour when IPS swiftly sorted out the issue, after i raised a ticket and used the option of "Critical" website is offline. If im correct this automatically sends a pager message to the required server guru :)

I believe that you have been unfortunate to experience this issue in a very short time of joining IPS Hosting, this issue is not normal.

I notice that IPS is distinctly lacking in an SLA for hosting services - is this just an oversight or do you actually not have one?

Still, 3 nines reliability is a pretty good run - that's all my hosting provider guarantees me, and I get the month for free if reliability drops to 2 nines (scheduled downtime excluded).

I notice that IPS is distinctly lacking in an SLA for hosting services - is this just an oversight or do you actually not have one?

Still, 3 nines reliability is a pretty good run - that's all my hosting provider guarantees me, and I get the month for free if reliability drops to 2 nines (scheduled downtime excluded).

Their SLA is "You pay money, we try to give you hosting." :)

Archived