Soft-deletion

Tanax

It's been proposed before(e.g. ), but I want to create a thread with a little more in-depth explanation seeing as some of you didn't understand the advantages of this system.

What it does
Allows those with deletion ability to soft-delete a post or a thread.

Deleting posts
Deleting posts would be handled pretty much like the current system with the only exception that the moderator/user who delete will be able to delete the post, or thread, either via hard-delete or soft-delete. Hard-delete would remove the post from the thread or the thread from the forum and move it into the trashcan forum. This is a great feature and the soft-delete feature is, and should not, by any means replace that feature.

Viewing deleted post
The soft-deletion of a post would make the post invisible to those who do not have moderation abilities in the forum where the post is located. To those who do have moderation abilities will only see a collapsed entry where the post should have been. The only thing displayed is whom the post was made by, time it was posted, who deleted it, when the deletion occured and what the reason was. Basically the post is considered as deleted.

[attachment=21749:Sk

Any opinions and perhaps a change of mind from the staff? Do you have any questions regarding this feature as to why or how it will work?

Comment!

We have never made up our minds one way or another to begin with, so there's no way to "change" our minds. :P It's not like we're against the feature. :)

We have never made up our minds one way or another to begin with, so there's no way to "change" our minds. :P It's not like we're against the feature. :)

I'm sorry if I implied anything. I mearly got that impression by the posts you made in other topics!
I'm glad you're not denying this straight away and I hope we will be able to discuss this idea and doing so would make it easier to come to a conclusion!

I'm also sorry for creating another thread about the same thing. I just wanted to clarify what the feature would mean :)

Why couldn't this have been added in the other thread? :blink:

I did, but seeing as my post ended up on the second page I created a new thread so that it's easier to view since this thread is a little more explained than the other thread. :P

Archived