Firefox crashing

Sire

I think it depends what else you have opened in other tabs/windows. With Firefox on Mac with just a few windows open it's fine. However have a couple more windows open, along with Facebook with live feed and it really slows your computer down! And this computer is packing some Ram (we use it for full HD video editing).

That's with no Firefox add-ons.

Perhaps ask that member to doublecheck what addons they have installed in Firefox. It's possible some addon (for instance an ad-block addon) is causing the problem.

I have Firefox with several addons installed almost every time I am in IP.Chat for more then a few min's it crashes when I try to leave the page. This holds true with a clean install of FireFox on a clean install of XP / 7 (I have a few test machines). While it is alot easier to reproduce this with more then 3 or 4 tabs open it can be reproduced with just IP.Chat open by itself. IP.chat also slows 3 of my systems down quite a bit when chats are received/sent or someone enters/leaves the room, about 70% of the members of my board have expressed the same basic problems to me as well.

-Mike

Can you try disabling sounds and seeing if that makes a difference? Click the little bell icon in chat.

I don't know about anyone else but disabling the sounds seems to help the strain on my system a bit, but the crashes are still still there but reduced a little bit, I sit in IP.Chat for upwards of 6-10 hrs a day talking to my members and providing general support so I have a little bit of time to test ;) I may hook a debugger to firefox to see if I can pinpoint the exact cause of the crashes I will reply here if it yields any useful information.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

ive not had the ip-chat installed very long, but its crashing on me more or less every time i leave the chat. its just done it on me now and the only thing i had opened besides the chat was another tab with the same forum main page on... this is the latest firefox im running...

I think it might be a bug in firefox as the chat works perfectly in IE8, i think it depends what plugins you got in firefox to how it performs in chat.. :rolleyes:
Heres one for ya... i had a member pm me today saying that the chat was making all sort of funny noises, one was like a monster munching and the other was like a ching sound..., so there's me investigating it for about half hour, when the same member PMs me again informing me that the noises where coming from the facebook game Cafe World not the chat... >_<

See what i have to work with, :whistle:

Got to make it simple for em :blink: :devil:

My members have the same issue, almost all the time leaving chat with firefox 3.5.7, I put a ticket in and they said clear cookies and all but it never resolved the issue.

Right now they are dealing with the bug. :(

If a suggestion was presented to attempt to resolve the issue, and it didn't resolve the issue, you should reply to the ticket to notify the technician as such.

On our end, if we suggest trying something and never hear back from the customer, we generally assume the suggestion resolved their issue.

If a suggestion was presented to attempt to resolve the issue, and it didn't resolve the issue, you should reply to the ticket to notify the technician as such.

On our end, if we suggest trying something and never hear back from the customer, we generally assume the suggestion resolved their issue.

ok, thanks will do today

Archived