Download: iArcade System 1.0.0 Final

Andy Rixon

I'm glad I don't have those issues. There are some that take gaming too seriously. My members just want a place to relax and have fun. Hang in there Andy and Collin, what you are doing is providing a great service/mod for those that want something nice to relax with. Nearly any game can be cheated. Get rid of the cheaters.

I will certainly register when I get mine and donate when I get some money.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I am aware of that and I have banned cheater how ever some times it is hard to find them.

You do not always find them until some one reports the score or the game, Another reason to have a report game issue or maybe even a report score feature.

I did add a report game feature. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I don't have those issues. There are some that take gaming too seriously. My members just want a place to relax and have fun. Hang in there Andy and Collin, what you are doing is providing a great service/mod for those that want something nice to relax with. Nearly any game can be cheated. Get rid of the cheaters.

Thanks for your understanding. :thumbsup:

I will certainly register when I get mine and donate when I get some money.

Ditto

Plus, it's not Collin's or Andy's job to come up with a way to stop cheating members. That's what the Admins/Mods are there for. Even the most popular Arcade sites out there have people trying to cheat on their games. That's never going to go away. I also agree that the best thing to do is simply ban those that are found cheating. One of several good ways of knowing someone is cheating is to check their game stats and see how many games they've played. If they have a gang of titles, but played very little games, you know something's not right and should be investigated by the Admins/Mods.

To address your statements:

I have still not run into any gamedata folder issues.

Just to clarify. It was when I was having game installation errors because of chmod permissions. I had a gamedata folder which was created in a previous beta. I downloaded that and uploaded it to the correct area. Then you came along and sorted my permissions for me :)

I'm planning on resetting the scores every three months anyway :)

Hi Andy/Collin..

I would like to confirm two things:-

1. I have uploaded and removed previous version and installed the updated files uploaded by you here but I don't find any upgrade link in Applications & Hooks Module- is it because that you haven't updated the version info and its still called BETA 3 or is it some problem at my end?

2. Although all other games loads fine , only Ultimate Collision fails to load - why is that? What I am supposed to do to make it working again? I have already uploaded the core files many times on ftp server as stated above already.

Thanks

There is no way to stop cheating, but only to ban those that are found cheating by admins or mods, it gives them something to do. Lets not make this into a bashing thread.

It is not my intention to bash any one. I know it is impossible to stop cheating, no matter what you do. I have 3 staff right now that watch over the arcade, including my self.

The one main reason I want support for v32 games is I have several games that were only converted for v32 and not for v2 and my members like those games so I would lose them games.

that is what i was trying to point out there as a game coder myself, I love the idea of an arcade for ipb 3.0 but you guys treatment I will go out of my way to make sure my games will not work with this arcade at all.

Almost all of us that convert games, now only do v32 games. the only new games still being made v2 are AS3 games as we havent found a way to make them work with the v32 code.

With what has been said I will make sure every game coder out there knows about the statements made by the mod authors here.

Edit, btw the smart thing to of done is contact some us and we can easily change up the code we use to make the games work with this arcade. But you would also have to supply a copy of the mod for us to use so we can make sure the games do work correctly

What im saying is, if we had time to make sure the game works correctly with your file structure, we could make games that would only work on your arcade on not other versions.

I have not seen any bashing only constructive feedback to make this a great arcade at least that is the way I am looking at it.

What good does it do to only have feedback saying "OH the arcade is great". How does that help the development of it.

Every post I have ever posted in the thread was about helping the arcade, I want to see it succeed.

I have replied in bold in-line.

Hi Andy/Collin..

BETA 3 is the current public beta which don't contain all the new features, and in BETA and RC releases there are no upgrade paths.

2. Although all other games loads fine , only Ultimate Collision fails to load - why is that? What I am supposed to do to make it working again? I have already uploaded the core files many times on ftp server as stated above already.

There was an issue adding this game, but all is fixed in BETA 5 (private beta), the next public release will be RC1 which will be 1st March

Thanks

I have not seen any bashing only constructive feedback to make this a great arcade at least that is the way I am looking at it.

What good does it do to only have feedback saying "OH the arcade is great". How does that help the development of it.

Every post I have ever posted in the thread was about helping the arcade, I want to see it succeed.

I agree with Amy. I haven't seen any bashing or fighting on here. Why do certain people keep pointing that out? :huh: If anything, Amy is the one who's been helping more with her suggestions/comments.

Hi Andy/Collin..

Thanks

As Andy already pointed out, it sounds like you re-downloaded beta 3. Beta 4 and 5 (high score support) were private testing, RC1 will be uploaded to the resources area March 1st. :)

that is what i was trying to point out there as a game coder myself, I love the idea of an arcade for ipb 3.0 but you guys treatment I will go out of my way to make sure my games will not work with this arcade at all.

I'm sorry to hear that, we would love for you to stay.

Almost all of us that convert games, now only do v32 games. the only new games still being made v2 are AS3 games as we havent found a way to make them work with the v32 code.

I understand. I think alot of you guys are missing the fact that I cant figure out a way to make the v32 games work for IPB3. Its not like im saying "No, we wont add them" - Ive exhausted numerous solutions, just short of using a fake hash key. Im trying to make them work, it just does not work. I think you have gotten the feeling that I am "lazy" or just "refusing" to add support v32 support. This is entirely untrue. I have tried MULTIPLE different techniques and ways to correctly integrate their unique anti-cheat features. None of these steps have worked, however.

With what has been said I will make sure every game coder out there knows about the statements made by the mod authors here.

Im not sure what "statement" I have made that made you so upset, but I understand your frustration. Please feel free to send me a PM to further address any concerns you may have.

Edit, btw the smart thing to of done is contact some us and we can easily change up the code we use to make the games work with this arcade. But you would also have to supply a copy of the mod for us to use so we can make sure the games do work correctly

I have contacted 3 or so "converters" well back in the beta4 release to try to figure out a way to make v32 games work with IPB3 and iArcade. Although only 1 of them got back to me, we got virtually nowhere. Anyone who wanted a copy of the files during the private beta testing was welcome to signup. I only rejected 1 applicant in both rounds of testing.

What im saying is, if we had time to make sure the game works correctly with your file structure, we could make games that would only work on your arcade on not other versions.

Well part of it is, truthfully, iArcade is currently the only free IPB3 arcade. I can understand that some of the "converters" out there are used to the ibparcade format, and after doing some research, I decieded it would be wrong to invent a new format for iArcade. By integrating a hack to make v2 games work, at least users have some games for their arcades. Better than me saying "oh hey lets invent a new format because we can" - im all for doing it the old way. I just cannot get the hashed scores to work correctly with IPB3. If, as you say it is, it has to do with file structure, this is not the fault of iArcade, but IPB3. (It has a new folder structure for mods).

You have given some very valuable feedback, and I appreciate it. I hope you guys have noticed that I take the time to reply to every suggestion and feedback posted - without feedback, this arcade would not have the important features you guys wanted!

Hello

I have a question about scores on the old arcade, When we move over to the new arcade will the scores move over as well or will they be reset? Some members have played the games for a long time and have worked hard i guess some will moan if they are reset.

Also reading the last 6 pages i am sorry your code got stolen. You guys are working hard to providing a free arcade and like myself on a low income that runs a forum as a hobby i am truly thankful. I will also register when the arcade is added.

Thanks

Hello

I have a question about scores on the old arcade, When we move over to the new arcade will the scores move over as well or will they be reset? Some members have played the games for a long time and have worked hard i guess some will moan if they are reset.

Also reading the last 6 pages i am sorry your code got stolen. You guys are working hard to providing a free arcade and like myself on a low income that runs a forum as a hobby i am truly thankful. I will also register when the arcade is added.

Thanks

What do you mean by "old arcade" - a beta release of iArcade, or ibparcade for IPB2?

This is not more correct,

i have 7.341 v2 games and 7.824 v32 games at my old site, and the v32 are still growing steady on.

but if there will be v32 support or not, i love the work you guys are doing :)

It doesn't really matter how many v32 games exist. The creators just need to tell Colin how to import them into iArcade instead of arguing about how many there are.

This arcade will be used by many people and if those creators want to sell game packs to its users then they must help with the hash.

The only objection they may have is if they have an alternative arcade that costs money. This one is free so they'd better get over it quick before someone comes up with the answer.

It doesn't really matter how many v32 games exist. The creators just need to tell Colin how to import them into iArcade instead of arguing about how many there are.

This arcade will be used by many people and if those creators want to sell game packs to its users then they must help with the hash.

The only objection they may have is if they have an alternative arcade that costs money. This one is free so they'd better get over it quick before someone comes up with the answer.

Its not that they "wont tell us" its that many of the game converters themselves dont know just how exactly ibproarcade does it. As another user said earlier in this topic, it might be possible that the reason we cannot get it to work is "folder structure" - this is not the fault of iArcade, but IPB, because IPB3 uses an all new folder structure.

Archived