i want to be able to host chat on my servers

edivad

Guys, I think hosting the chat might be a bad thing. I know that my webhost doesn't allow scripts that abuse their system resources and I know from experience that IPB3 already consumes a lot of server load. I've seen it spike to around 10-15, at the highest. I do know that most webhost providers do have a limit on system resources that you are allowed to consume. I'd rather have it set up this way, as it allows me to have a chat-cased system through my forums as well as not having the problem of high server loads.

Guys, I think hosting the chat might be a bad thing. I know that my webhost doesn't allow scripts that abuse their system resources and I know from experience that IPB3 already consumes a lot of server load. I've seen it spike to around 10-15, at the highest. I do know that most webhost providers do have a limit on system resources that you are allowed to consume. I'd rather have it set up this way, as it allows me to have a chat-cased system through my forums as well as not having the problem of high server loads.

Then don't host it on your server. Just because it's something you don't want to do, doesn't mean there aren't others who wouldn't take advantage of hosting their own chat server.

..Al

Archived