How to duplicate a forum board?

Hello!

I´m trying to duplicate a forum board. I have copied the folder and it´s content of the original forum and renamed it as forum2, I´ve also renamed the database and imported it for forum2. This is the error message I´m getting. What have I done wrong?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not initiate the registry, the settings cache is empty or missing' in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum2/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php:1683 Stack trace: #0 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum2/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php(498): ipsRegistry->setUpSettings() #1 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum2/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(75): ipsRegistry::init() #2 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum2/admin/sources/base/ipsController.php(62): ipsController->init() #3 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum2/admin/index.php(24): ipsController::run() #4 {main} thrown in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forum2/admin/sources/base/ipsRegistry.php on line 1683

Thanks!

[quote name='Morrigan' date='13 November 2009 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1258134927' post='1878873']
You need to make sure that conf_global.php has the accurate information in it. You also need to make sure that your database has the accurate forum data.

Thanks for your reply! I have only changed the database name and board url in the conf file. I have edited every url in the database that had the original forum name "forum" to forum2. Is there anything else I should change?

Thanks!

Does the forum2 database have a different login? Because if it does then you have to edit that as well. Because it need the information of the user that can access/make changes to that database.

See it almost appears to be a cache issue though. Are you able to access the admin panel?

[quote name='Morrigan' date='13 November 2009 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1258140720' post='1878922']
Does the forum2 database have a different login? Because if it does then you have to edit that as well. Because it need the information of the user that can access/make changes to that database.

See it almost appears to be a cache issue though. Are you able to access the admin panel?

I have the same login and everything on the 2 boards (database and admin). I´m not able to access the admin panel either, I get the same error message :(
I can reach the upgrader though if I type forum2/admin/upgrade but it says that everything is up to date so I cannot proceed with anything there..

Did you make sure that the data copied over properly from the first database to the other?

Could not initiate the registry, the settings cache is empty or missing'

This tells me that it either is a missing cache folder or the data from one database to the other might not have copied? I'm not sure. I've never had a problem copying my forum to play with.

[quote name='Morrigan' date='13 November 2009 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1258146165' post='1878964']
Did you make sure that the data copied over properly from the first database to the other?

This tells me that it either is a missing cache folder or the data from one database to the other might not have copied? I'm not sure. I've never had a problem copying my forum to play with.

It says 'Import has been successfully finished, 1454 queries executed.' That´s all, so I guess nothing is missing....

[quote name='Morrigan' date='13 November 2009 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1258148233' post='1878983']
Well I don't know how many queries it would take to "successfully finish". I personally use phpMyAdmin to copy my databases so.... Maybe delete the second and do it again. Make sure that each table is copied into the second database.

Finally, it works!! I went into phpmyadmin/operations and selected 'copy database to:'.

Thank you for your help!

Final question :P I have read in Google articles moving database through phpMyAdmin is only good if database is smaller then 10Mb. Since, I am not database geek I would like to know it's true or not?

Thanks.

PS Thought i would hijack the thread a bit once the main issue is solved. I hope no one minds.

It depends on how large a db file phpmyadmin will accept without timing out. ;) , your host may be willing to adjust this (I "think" its not actually the php.ini upload limit its set it my.ini although I'd have to check that)

Myself, if its over about 5mb I would not try it and wait ages for it to just timeout. :)

See my reply above (post 7) , I'd suggest using BigDump (although sometimes you can get some strange issues) if possible as its a good tool to use and very straightforward once you have used it once, its easy.

If I'm using localhost I just use the command line as its fast and always works. :)

Archived