IPS 3.0.2 Bug Caused By Early Release

Rheddy

bfarber, I've discovered the problem that I have been posting about. Apparently the first version of the IPB 3.0.2 update that IPS posted contained errors in the original code. Apparently, it affected several areas of the forum software which included an Action Topics bug as well as problems regarding the clickable post icons siuch as emoticon, weblink, email link, image link, etc.

IPS tried to update my forums with a newer version of the update but the update halted my forums. Josh, from IPS Support, has escalted the problem among IPS and I'm hoping that this issue is resolved soon.

I'm just glad that this wasn't my imagination. This time around it was the IPB Update that caused the problem with my forum software. At least I can laugh about now and withdraw my request to be admitted into Bellevue. :lol:

[quote name='Charles' date='07 August 2009 - 06:00 PM' timestamp='1249682452' post='1840199']
If you need to communicate directly with bfarber you should really just PM him instead of a topic.

Still, it was nice of him to let others know about possible errors they may experience in their upgrade, whether it was meant to be directed at one person or many.

Charles, my bad. This was just to inform the rest of the IPB community of the problem as well. Apparently, it was the initial release of the update. I think that maybe I should have waited before I asked for the 3.0.2 update. Today's update literally shut down my forums ... <_<

Archived