Feature Request: Get active topics for

Arun Kumar

In IPB 2.3.6 we had an option to list active topics for "today", "past week", "past month" and so on. This feature seems to have been removed in 3.0.1 and our members are vouching for that feature. I don't know why that feature has been removed. The only option in IPB 3 is to list the active topics in the past 24 hours. The filter option to get the active topics beyond that is not available in the results page. I have attached a screenshot of that option from 2.3.6. I hope this feature will be added in the future release.

This is what our members say:

[quote name='katyjay' date='19 July 2009 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1248026648' post='73661']
Can anyone tell me how to get more than today's page up. When I click on View New Content, all I get is what's been posted in the last 24 hrs [if I'm lucky!] and it's page 1 of 1. When everything changed recently to the new system, I had got page 1 of 123, so could go back as far as I liked. Now that's gone I'm stuck with just a few postings.

[quote name='radfordred' date='21 July 2009 - 10:57 AM' timestamp='1248170231' post='73718']
Cheers Kath so I'm not on my own ?
Good job i bumped it for you Kath its dropped off the page !

We need this facility back as soon as possible.

The posts on my forum have dropped to an absolute minimum since the upgrade to 3.0.1
Feedback from members, they dont like not being able to view recent posts by day/week.
The new registrations we have seldom post?

The two settings hidden away under Member drop down menu and My setting, are not a good substitute?

[quote name='mick2me' date='27 July 2009 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1248735282' post='1834270']
The posts on my forum have dropped to an absolute minimum since the upgrade to 3.0.1
Feedback from members, they dont like not being able to view recent posts by day/week.
The new registrations we have seldom post?

The two settings hidden away under Member drop down menu and My setting, are not a good substitute?

Fully agree. IPB please listen to your customers and their clients.

As Josh already pointed out in another thread, this functionality will be back with 3.0.2.

@Speed Racer - no need to ask (or tell) us to listen to our customers. We always listen. :) That doesn't mean we can always do what someone wants when they want it, but I assure you, we always listen.

Its good that there are several ways of viewing new posts.
I hope you will be grouping those in the same area of the page.
A drop down menu is good if it contains all related links
such as differnt types of view in latest topic views.
(Show all new content since my last visit or Show me all new content I have not read)

The problem our members had before one member found it was
that the choice of view were located via another menu on their settings,

Both should be on a primary menu which could also include 'view new post' day/week/month?

[quote name='bfarber' date='27 July 2009 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1248738468' post='1834284']
As Josh already pointed out in another thread, this functionality will be back with 3.0.2.

Glad to hear that, I didn't see Josh's post regarding this. :)

..Al

Archived